Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-7500 Drum Repair

Hi Guys, I'm trying to rebuild a 7500 and I can't seem to get the guide arm
    off the drum. What am I missing? I have the first big lug nut off (the one with the hex allan key on it). And thats as far as I can see to whats holding it in there. Is there a hidden c ring or something????

Re: K-7500 Drum Repair

if i recall there is nothing else i had a pain with it the first time i tried. just pry on it it will come
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

see page #2

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A745F0F...Machine_PL.pdf

once you have the knurled knob off, the guide tube should just tap off. the bearing is behind it and it doesn't need to be removed.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Don't feel bad I had trouble finding the end of a broken cable and figured I would take our drum apart to make it easier. After 20 minutes I gave up and used our micro explorer to find the end. I was unable to get the shaft to move after using a few blocks of wood and a large hammer.

Comment

Did you try some lube?

Comment

Hey thanks guys! I had my helper 220lbs stand on the drum and I put
            a crow bar under the arm and I bounced on it until the crow bar bent.
            Couldn't believe it didn't come off. Hung my crow bar up and just for
            laughs I grabbed the arm by hand and it wiggled off. Man, that took about
            4 man hours in the last 2 weeks piddling around with it. But its off now so I can get the twisted cable out finally. I thought there has to be one of those C rings or something, but there isn't :P

Comment

Working...
            X