X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RootX Warranty

Rootx offers a 1 year warranty if it is installed and registered by a plumber. How do you guys that use Rootx offer your warranty.

Do you warranty the sewer for a year also, if it does back up do you charge the full price to snake it out again?

I currenty offer a one year guarantee, If i snake a sewer and foam it with RootX. So if it does back up in a year i go out and snake it again at no charge. ( I have not had to go back yet!)

Just would like to know how others are doing it
    Last edited by jhplumbing; 05-19-2009, 07:05 PM.

Re: RootX Warranty

I thought about doing that but the only thing that i would be worried about is, lets say the homeowner fills it up with paper towels and sewer mice and it floods on there hardwood floors. they are going to want me to pay for it. so i put it is warrantied against root re growth
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

My invoices say "back up due to live root infultration". That would exculde the white mice!

Comment

Yep, all my written warranties pertain to root growth, natural build-up of soap, grease rust and scale, not to abuse or foreign objects. I'll go 1 year on a M/L cleaning even without rootx from a residential clean out. It costs extra though. I don't usually push the rootx too hard. Maybe I should start.

Comment

Here is what I tell every one that asks me that question. If you are to offer the guarantee on RootX then make sure you offering it on roots only. I had a plumber that was using RootX in AZ and gave a one yr warranty on backups and was called back out to the house five times, first time was after 120days from original service call. Each time he pulled out something other than roots and on the fourth call he was so mad he called me. I listened for twenty minutes of how mad he was and that the product didn't work. I asked him if he every pulled roots back and he said no. I asked him if he could tv the line and said he would and would send the tape to prove it to me. I didn't hear back from him for about three months so I called him and he told me that the roots where 95% cleared out and there was a belly in the line that was causing a hang up of paper towels, baby wipes, qtips and white mice.

Comment

So when is tamponX coming out?

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                don't forget about dependX

baby wipeX

dental flossX

you trying to put us out of business

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I think you would have to go with some sort of acid based product that would dissolve the product in the line. That's not how we do it here at RootX. We go with General use products only not restricted use products.

Business is safe!

Comment

I just tell them to call PlumberRick if it clogs again, and he will come out for no charge
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Before RootX was ever out we always guaranteed or roddings for two years. Back when my father flat rated the jobs the guarantee would read. " Guaranteed one free rodding if above line blocks within 2 years." Then he went T & M in the mid 80's with T & M pricing , we have an hourly charge for labor, a service call and a machine charge. So he change the to read " Guaranteed one labor free rodding if the above line blocks within 2 years" So we still get a service call and the rod charge. As long as you clean the sewer properly you will not get many call backs. And on the ones we do get call backs on we power rod the line again then we shoot the TV through the line to find out what is wrong with their sewer.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                      X