X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping..Without the wife!

Finally ordered a K60 + cable, cutters, etc. Many here have had good luck with Toolup, but I have to say Ricky from Highland steered me right recommending Allan Coleman supply out of Chicago. Thanks, Ricky. I was leary until I finally found their website: http://www.allanjcoleman.com/index.html
    I asked for Shane like Rick recommended. Good advice! Not only did I get a great price on the equipment, Shane knew the product(former Ridgid rep!) and has drain cleaning experience. In this day and age, I can't tell you how refreshing it is to deal with someone pleasant who knows what the **** they are talking about. Not pushy at all. If you're happy buying where you've been, great! If you're looking for somewhere to buy, so far, I'd give Allan Coleman a call. Will keep posted to let you know condition of merchandise. BTW, Shane said he will be getting a shipment of the 7/8" Ridgid IC cables. Renee provided the part number, but for some reason they've only been market towards Europe. Be aware, they are very pricey.

Re: Shopping..Without the wife!

Rich I am glad it worked out for you. I love dealing with them. They are a wealth of knowledge and know the product inside and out. Let me know how you like the K60 after using it might be a good addition for a new truck in the short future.

Comment

rich, i was only 1 more night class away from finishing the "rich-60"

i guess i can still swap the h for a k and have another rick-60

you're right about the innercore. it's made here and marketed to europe

when you get your machine up and running, we'll have k-60, 101 class

last week at the phcc show in long beach. i sold 2- 60's in 5 minutes

all it takes is hands on knowledge of the product and real life scenarios.

got a call on monday from the owner of j.m mckinney thanking me for 3 k-60 sales

he too is an ex ridgid salesman. hopefully the k-60 will catch on out west and he'll have lots of product sitting in stock.

did you get the 5/8'' and 7/8'' cables?

also what cutters?

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The military has units that they refuse to acknowledge exists. I'm starting to think Ridgid has the same thing. I believe Rick is part of a secret sales dept selling Ridgid tools around the world while posing as a plumber. To add to the conspiracy, Rick charges the lowest prices while living in one of the most expensive cities and has amassed a huge ridgid tool collection. Hmmmm, "how convinent". Ridgid constantly denies that Rick is not under their employment but I disgress.

I want in on the deal or I will uncover the conspiracy. MUUWAHaHaHa.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The key is to shop with the wife! Then everything in your life falls into place.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

next sales assignment, new zealand.

josh has me testing the new micro drain to make sure it can get through those reverse flushing toilets over there.

as a bonus, i'm testing the new super flexible camera push rod.

i'll be attaching this to my bungee cord while i dive off the bridge head first.

of course it will be videoed and posted

i never get the simple jobs

in fact i seem to get the dirty jobs

still want to go

rick.
            Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-23-2009, 10:48 AM.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i'll be attaching this to my bungee cord while i dive off the bridge head first.

rick.
              I will make sure your bungee is secured

Don't worry, I will have a list of contact names and numbers of people to meet me when I get back home to help rid me of all the extra tools.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Rick you might want to check and see if she singed up for a higher insurance policy................................

Comment

Me shopping without the wife just scares the hell out of me! Where is she shopping when not with me??????
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

First off, my wife is even less interested in sewer cleaning equipment than I am new shoes. She would look at it, the price, and ask me, "How much money can you make with that?".. "More than if I bought a closetful of shoes!" Rick, that's why I wanted to deal with someone like Shane or your guys. I forget at the moment exactly which cutters I ordered; I'll get back on that. I ordered 52.5' of the ridgid 5/8" and 105' of the General IC proflex 7/8". Would like to have the open wind 7/8" also, but space and bucks are limited. I hope Ridgid markets their IC cable here more; I'm going to keep an eye on it. I bought the General because I've read it works and is affordable. If I had the open7/8", I'd like to see if one or two length of Ridgid IC would work as leaders. Yeah, the General will tend to rust the second you neglect it, unlike the Ridgid. I also ordered a K 39 af3 from toolbarn. I'm actually kind of eager to try that out as well!

Comment

My father dealt with Allan J Coleman for over 50 years, I practically grew up shopping at his shop that was on North Clark Street. We always deal with Marv when we can, he is the owner of the shop, great guy, but he is getting up there in his age. I also remember him mom when she worked there she ride a motorcycle to the shop. His shop on Ravenswood is much bigger and he stocks equipment of all brands and types. If you like Ridgid,Spartan, Marco, General, DuraCable, and Electric Eel, plus much more. He more than likely has the tools you need or can get them in short time.

I am glad to see out of state people calling and recommending him, it really helps to keep a shop like this alive.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                      X