X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jetting a sink; links to vids

When I bought my first 110 volt jetter, a Viking about 16 years ago, we jetted every line we could. The first line was at my dad's house. I had to convince him that it was money well spent. We jetted a shower in the back by the office. It used to needed to be rodded every few months. After we jetted the line he was impressed. We jet sink lines bathtubs, lav sinks, floor drains, heck we even used it on main lines when we determined the main was sludged up.

Now I do not jet like I used to. But one thing I realized is its always better to rod the line first to clear any rust in the turns and hard blockages, then jet the line clean.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

hose

what style and brand of hose do you use? do you have any preferences? thank you. breid

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
        How do you decide which drains to jet?This particular sink seems like it would have been easier to snake.

Obviously, it worked but the extra set up time on the jetter does not seem worth it.
        I don't see how there is extra setup; I mean, I was a hair over an hour making the vids, cameraing the line and making a vid of that, etc. Most sinks are 30-45 min total, roll up to roll away. This IS one of the few it would have been as easy to snake, just because the line was so clean.

Sinks generally get jetted. Tubs and showers usually get snaked as they are usually hair. Floor drains usually get wet vac'ed to pull whatever got kicked into them out of the trap, then get jetted. Washer boxes go either way depending how I am feeling; the jetter does a better job but it's a pain to catch the water in a vac. House services with outdoor access and no flooding potential (or preflooded disasters) get jetted (with a bigger machine). In winter they are usually frozen so they get jetted regardless of access and I just find a way to deal with the water. Toilet lines lines in muti-unit buildings get snaked unless it is easy to jet for some reason.
        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-27-2009, 12:34 AM.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Re: hose

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
          what style and brand of hose do you use? do you have any preferences? thank you. breid
          I like Harben's 'micro mini'. It's 1/8". Brass braid, some kind of polymer covering.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the video, Ace. Everyone has thoughts and comments when you post something like this, including myself; but it looks like you have a system down that works for you. It looks like an older building with renno or additional plumbing added recently. Am I mistaken, or did someone put that AAV inside the wall? Code aside, I think we can all agree that's not a good idea. Don't blame you for wanting to remedy that. Great video demo!

Comment

Great Video and to camera the line afterward added a nice touch.

Comment

We use a jetter reel that spins the hose thru the pipe. WE can jett one and a quarter galvanized thru several 90's no problem. This hand twisting of the hose is just about useless on small lines especialy galvanized.

Comment

Working...
                X