Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urinal Augers

Anyone used one? Had any luck?
    I've been using the K39AF to get through urinals with small trapways.
    I still pull them to give the waste a proper cleaning.
    Every now and again just the only the trapway is a bit plugged.

Re: Urinal Augers

I owned one for years; first time I used it I destroyed it.

Bought one again, probably will do the same thing but I'm going to start using it for other applications.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I did and have been meaning to buy another one, but I've since bought a 1/4" cable machine that I use in its place.

The problem with the urinal augers is that they dont work on urinals.

I use them to reach from the overflow to the drum trap, when the drumtrap is not accessible, which is 98% of the time in my experience.

I also use them on washing machine standpipes with tight 1-1/2" C.I. ptraps.

Of course I recommend replacing both, but you know how that goes.

They have their uses, urinals are not one of them.

I stopped wasting time with urinals a long time ago, plunge a little to make sure its not a slice of lime or some cigarettes, then pull it.
      Last edited by HebertDrainCare; 05-27-2009, 12:07 AM.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

would be keen to hear what you guys think of cleaning a urinal waste if you cant pull the trap? I havent had much experience with cleaning urinals but the k39 seems to do the trick. An extra hand would be great however
        I also used some mo-flo (acid). It was a copper trap and seemed to clear up ok. Your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
          Wall-hung urinals...about as useless as tits on a boar.
          Never had much success with snaking the fixture & with some
          models, it's impossible to get around the trap anyway.
          The K39 AF gets me through the smallest of interior trapways
          I'm thinking of Am Stand's with about a 1" trapway.Yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
            would be keen to hear what you guys think of cleaning a urinal waste if you cant pull the trap? I havent had much experience with cleaning urinals but the k39 seems to do the trick. An extra hand would be great however
            I also used some mo-flo (acid). It was a copper trap and seemed to clear up ok. Your thoughts?
            confusion there I was dealing with a floor finished urinal where its not possible to pull the trap!!! Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
              confusion there I was dealing with a floor finished urinal where its not possible to pull the trap!!! Any ideas??
              This is a tight trapway.....do anything you can.
              I run into few of these and have had fine luck getting 3/8" cable and a regular blade down as they have been 2" waste lines.

Update:
              Since I originally posted this I've been using a urinal auger
              with great results (When the lines themselves have not been plugged.
              A small bend on the end of the auger cable to help
              navigate the bends and take it slooooow.
              100% success rate getting through (So far!).

Comment

How's a jetter handle those ?
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I don't see any floor drain urinals here.

I see a lot of wall hungs with cast in traps. Some of those I can jet through, some not. The top of the trap and through the flange are the tough spots. A peice of string on the nozzle can help. If they have the cast in strainer as well as the cast in trap, forget it, it's got to be removed. Got one like that where it is tiled around the urinal, not behind it. That one I can just tweak away from the wall enough to slip a nozzle in, but I'll crack it one of these days. There is one bathroom with these pita urinals, I think am standards, single hanger in the middle little ones. has about a 1/2" dia trapway. Not a huge usage bathroom and I still am there at least once/yr for one or the other of the two urinals.

Jetter does a nice job on the ones I can get it through, hot water helps both in removing the mineral buildup and in making the hose a little more supple. Sometimes the jetter will blow out the wall gasket, especially if it is wax (I like tank to bowl gaskets for urinals) and I have to pull them off anyway.

I've found the urinal auger useless.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                  X