Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

what is the deference between the 38 and the 39 ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the deference between the 38 and the 39 ?

I thought my hand held was a Ridgid 39 but looked at it the other day while working on a bathroom sink drain and it is a 38. What am I missing out on out side of a power feed ? I'm wanting to get a new 39 with power feed I bought the 38 after my Marco power feed gave up, some how I missed the switch from the 38 to the 39. What is the deference between the two ?. looks like the drill part is deferent anything else ? how's the power and weight compare ? any down side to the 39.

Re: what is the deference between the 38 and the 39 ?

the 38 uses a real drill motor converted to a snake. lots of power, actually too much power for the size cable.

the 39 uses a motor designed for the snake and is sized accordingly.

you'll love the dual feeding power feed on the k-39.

it's fast and simple.

convert your k-38 into a chuck for the real stubborn stoppages.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I dont know about the 38 but the 39 has drums with different size cables and can put heads for the k50 on the 3/8 cable, gives lots of flexibility to the 39 and the power feed is awesome.

Comment

The difference between goint to 10 and going to 11!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=sv&v=d54UU-fPIsY
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

k-38 here

ever time i use my 38 i think i need a 39. now you tell me that my 38 is to powerful. i run a 5/16" x 50' general cable with cutter set. seems to work for me. power feed would be nice but i just motor right on through now. that's even better. 3.2 amps & 0-500 rpm. about the same as vee. 39 is i.i amps & 0-450 rpm. i have 50' because i get a lot of mobs. i'm sure a 39 weighs less than my 38, that's a thought to. pick your poison. breid

Comment

Working...
          X