Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the deference between the 38 and the 39 ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the deference between the 38 and the 39 ?

I thought my hand held was a Ridgid 39 but looked at it the other day while working on a bathroom sink drain and it is a 38. What am I missing out on out side of a power feed ? I'm wanting to get a new 39 with power feed I bought the 38 after my Marco power feed gave up, some how I missed the switch from the 38 to the 39. What is the deference between the two ?. looks like the drill part is deferent anything else ? how's the power and weight compare ? any down side to the 39.

Re: what is the deference between the 38 and the 39 ?

the 38 uses a real drill motor converted to a snake. lots of power, actually too much power for the size cable.

the 39 uses a motor designed for the snake and is sized accordingly.

you'll love the dual feeding power feed on the k-39.

it's fast and simple.

convert your k-38 into a chuck for the real stubborn stoppages.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I dont know about the 38 but the 39 has drums with different size cables and can put heads for the k50 on the 3/8 cable, gives lots of flexibility to the 39 and the power feed is awesome.

Comment

The difference between goint to 10 and going to 11!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SE&hl=sv&v=d54UU-fPIsY
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

k-38 here

ever time i use my 38 i think i need a 39. now you tell me that my 38 is to powerful. i run a 5/16" x 50' general cable with cutter set. seems to work for me. power feed would be nice but i just motor right on through now. that's even better. 3.2 amps & 0-500 rpm. about the same as vee. 39 is i.i amps & 0-450 rpm. i have 50' because i get a lot of mobs. i'm sure a 39 weighs less than my 38, that's a thought to. pick your poison. breid

Comment

Working...
          X