3/8'' warthog nozzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/8'' warthog nozzle

so i ordered a new 3/8'' warthog nozzle to compliment my 1/2'' warthog nozzle.

had 3 jetting jobs lined up today to use it on to cut roots in the 4'' and 6'' main.

needless to say, the nozzle worked great. i actually made a pre and post video of the line.

unfortunately i gave the tape to the customer before i had a chance to copy it. but what i can tell you is they had a different plumber there 3 times in 4 months for the same stoppage.

i camered the line to find the root issue at 40' and cleared it. the city main was at 68'. line is now spotless.

the other job was a 142' run with assorted root problems.

i reviewed the owners video and concentrated on the marks based on his video.

the third job was a disaster.

turns out the president was making a surprise visit and my job was in the off limits part of his visit. amazing that 1 person can create gridlock in a part of town that is booming with business. many streets were closed off and after 45 minutes and 1 block later, i headed for another job.

how was anyone suppose to know that the streets were off limits to people and vehicles. from brentwood to beverly hills. some of the busiest areas for commuters in the entire country.

i know what it cost me to have to come back. i hate to see what the total impact was for all the lost production and all the public employees that were involved to close off the streets to traffic and people.

what's wrong with a helicopter?

back to my warthog

this one (wt 3/8) is sized for 4000# at 12gpm. max. and with a nozzle change out you can do as little as 1500# 8 gpm. but it won't pull as far.

the controlled rotation is 300-500 rpm with 2 rear and 1 forward nozzle.

i took a photo of the nozzle at 1/2 pressure and got blasted in an attempt to capture the moment

rick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-28-2009, 02:31 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: 3/8'' warthog nozzle

I can`t see why they had to make the 3/8" Warthog bigger in the head than the smaller of the 1/2" models. I see also you screw it straight onto the hose, we would normally use it with a quick disconnect fitting in between., then I can go from Warthog back to Rootranger reverse turbo nozzle. I guess if the quick disconnect ever disconnected down the drain then it is actully a $600 Warthog down the drain

Comment

nice setup Rick thanks for the photos.

Comment

Thanks for the write up. WartHog nozzles are the best out there. I have a ½" myself and love it.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
          I can`t see why they had to make the 3/8" Warthog bigger in the head than the smaller of the 1/2" models. I see also you screw it straight onto the hose, we would normally use it with a quick disconnect fitting in between., then I can go from Warthog back to Rootranger reverse turbo nozzle. I guess if the quick disconnect ever disconnected down the drain then it is actully a $600 Warthog down the drain
          i don't use a quick connect as that would make it too long for the sweeps. as it lays, it can get into and around 3'' sweeps.

do you make a root ranger in the 12gpm range?

need a test pilot out here

i can take photos

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Good photos Rick.
            We have just got our warthog back from repairs its usually our first port of call.
            I swear by them.
            Cheers
            Greg

Comment

What is the difference in the two sizes (3/8") and (1/2")? I guess what can one do or not do compared to the other?

Comment

Why not get a 3/8 for the smaller jet you have?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The Sprinter. She no pull? No hitch yet?

J.C.

Comment

Plumber Rick,

I was wondering what kind of jetter are you using? When things pick up for us I am ether going to get an O'Brien, or a Sewer Equipment of America unit. Currently I am using an old Spartan 777 that is running 1600 PSI @ 18 GPM Not a bad unit I picked up on Ebay for $2k, just needed new ½" hose and a pressure gage.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    Ron's Facebook
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      The Sprinter. She no pull? No hitch yet?

J.C.
                      The jetter trailer was hooked up to the Sprinter
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        The jetter trailer was hooked up to the Sprinter
                        Sorry. Sometimes dumb as wood.

Thought the jetter was Rick's older truck.

Gotta' get better at taillight identification.

J.C.

Comment

I have a bad case of jetter envy. Rick, I will be PMing you (and Ace) when I am ready to make a selection of jetting equipment.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

So new and shiny clean! Here's what one looks like with some miles on it. Break that thing in Rick!

ps. I like that slice out of your finger in that first photo; now that's seen some use!
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-28-2009, 10:53 PM.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Note the wear on the body; I've been in a pickle a couple times because when they get this worn, they will run up into a 2" conc reducer and wedge there if you are jetting up from below.

New ones now come with carbide inserts to increase life in the body, or so I'm told.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X