• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    PLUMBER RICK

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied
    Re: 3/8'' warthog nozzle

Originally posted by mpm View Post
    I am curious on how much better the 1/2" Warhog performs over the 3/8". When I ordered my jetter I got the 3/8" and it works amazingly well.
    technically they do the same thing as both would be jetted similar.

the difference is the wear and tear factor. when the 3/8'' wears the rotating head as it drags and rotates, the entire unit is pretty much history. the 1/2'' has a wear ring on the body. the rotating head doesn't really get the wear and tear dragging abuse.

i use both my 1/2'' and 3/8''. the 1/2'' has moire time on it with less physical wear on the head.

also the 1/2'' is capable of more flow.

rick.

Leave a comment:

• mpm

• mpm
    replied

I am curious on how much better the 1/2" Warhog performs over the 3/8". When I ordered my jetter I got the 3/8" and it works amazingly well.

Leave a comment:

• Plumberologist

• Plumberologist
    replied

we have three warthog nozzles and we love them alllllllllll

Leave a comment:

• bill2601

• bill2601
    replied

Or try the DBRR!

Double Barrel Root Ranger Demonstration - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

Originally posted by oldkado View Post
    Greetings all,

Does anyone know if I can use a warthog 3/8" nozzle on my General 2900 cart better. It does 4gpm at 3000psi.

Thanks.
    no you can't. and the 1/4'' warthog will work but not the same style and save your money.

your best bang for the buck is the ridgid root ranger.

read and look at all the thread write ups on the root ranger and you'll be sold.

where in l.a. are you

rick.

Leave a comment:

• oldkado

• oldkado
    replied

Greetings all,

Does anyone know if I can use a warthog 3/8" nozzle on my General 2900 cart better. It does 4gpm at 3000psi.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• breid1903

• breid1903
    replied

call me mike

rick.
    ok your mike.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

listened 2 times and joey wasn't impressed with the noise at 6:30 am,

but i counted 24-28 cycles in 10 seconds. = 144-168 rpm.

does sound faster than mine.

i'll try to listen to mine tomorrow on a 191' downhill root job. this actually runs through a neighbors yards easement to the street below.

last time i did this job was 11/06

just a preventative cleaning, but will focus in on the known roots from my video of years ago

rick.

Leave a comment:

• Root Ranger

• Root Ranger
    replied

Try and work out my spin cycle rpm.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
    rick clean out your pm box
    call me mike

rick.

Leave a comment:

• appletondrain

• appletondrain
    replied

rick clean out your pm box

Leave a comment:

• Root Ranger

• Root Ranger
    replied

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
    So new and shiny clean! Here's what one looks like with some miles on it. Break that thing in Rick!

ps. I like that slice out of your finger in that first photo; now that's seen some use!

Hey Ace, those heads have seen some filth in their time. I wonder if they`ve been spinning at say 600 rpm. They got some seroius battle scars

Leave a comment:

• Root Ranger

• Root Ranger
    replied

i don't think i'm spinning at 300rpm's as i can feel the nozzles rotate. 300rpm's is 5 rotations a second.
    I feel the same. It spins at a specified rate which I don`t think is really fast enough, but is fast enough to cut root and sweep out sand & gravel. The Rootranger reverse turbo nozzle has a much higher spin cycle and this fan type cutting effect can totally eliminate root fibre`s to be seen on CCTV survey after jetting. The method on hose handling is much simplified using the warthog, as much as slowly feeding the hose down the drain, whereas to get 100% out of the Rootranger, some sort of hose twist must be applied. I recently bought two reverse turbo nozzles drilled for 8.2 gal @ 4000psi, just need to mount them on an arrow head, will be interesting result from them. But the Warthog, world reknown as the best drain cleaning nozzles will need to spin faster if they want to keep that crown compared to Rootranger at same flow/pressure.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

Originally posted by pressy View Post
    Root ranger,
    How fast does the wart hog spin ? Do you think its better than the turbine head...?
    cheers steve

the answer is 200-500 rpm depending on the size of the nozzle and other factors.

here is a good article written by an employee of stoneage tools/ warthog. explains the science of controlled rotation water jetting.

http://www.sewernozzles.com/pdf/4keys.pdf

here is the chart for the warthog nozzles.

http://www.stoneagetools.com/catalog...alog09_21.html

i don't think i'm spinning at 300rpm's as i can feel the nozzles rotate. 300rpm's is 5 rotations a second.

when you get rotating too fast, the impact of the water is distorted. this turns the jet into more of a fan. sounds impressive like a high speed blender, but it's not very effective in cutting.

i've tried the rootranger at the roundup and was impressed. the design is pretty simple as it's pretty much a 0 degree rotary nozzle that's been turned backwards.

i use my rotary nozzle in a spray wand to clean the inside of pipes for a few straight feet.

rick.

Leave a comment:

• pressy

• pressy
    replied

Root ranger,
    How fast does the wart hog spin ? Do you think its better than the turbine head...?
    cheers steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X