X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish cutters

I have heard lots of yall talk about the expanding finishing cutter used for the K-60, I have not been able to find the expanding cutter for the K60, only the 1500, is there a order # anyone could give me or are yall modifing the 1500 expanding cutter?

Re: Finish cutters

not from me the expanding cutter are to heavy for the 7/8'' cable. i use them on my 1.25'' timberwolf and 7500

never tried the k-60 as i don't think it will work

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

OOOOOOO Ok I guess I just assumed that you were talking about the 7/8 cabkes. Thanks

Comment

I've had nothing but bad luck using a finish cutter on the 1-1/4" cable.

Way over priced and a sure way to get the cable hung up

The risk-reward just isn't worth it for me

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          not from me the expanding cutter are to heavy for the 7/8'' cable. i use them on my 1.25'' timberwolf and 7500

never tried the k-60 as i don't think it will work

rick.
          I have to ask, since this is not the first time I seen Timberwolf mentioned . What the heck is a timerwolf?
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

It's a Heavy Duty right angle drill rough in plumbers use. B&D used to make one with the name Timberwolf.

Now the comparable model is a DeWalt DW124K.

J.C.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...p?productID=29

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              It's a Heavy Duty right angle drill rough in plumbers use. B&D used to make one with the name Timberwolf.

Now the comparable model is a DeWalt DW124K.

J.C.

http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/to...p?productID=29
              And you guys use it to spin the 1 ¼" cable? If the trouble is you are not getting enough torque get a drum machine then. Or if you really have your heart set on using sectional cables then get a Rothenberger. I have done lines 400' out with my Rothenberger and it always spun the cable with ease and tore through roots.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                And you guys use it to spin the 1 ¼" cable? If the trouble is you are not getting enough torque get a drum machine then. Or if you really have your heart set on using sectional cables then get a Rothenberger. I have done lines 400' out with my Rothenberger and it always spun the cable with ease and tore through roots.
                Sounds like an awesome machine.

I think what it comes down to though is space vs. demand vs. capability.

Personally I've been using the Timberwolf for over 25 years on wood.Hate Hole Hawg.

Comment

a random veer back onto original topic...

My experience with the expanding cutters, at least the ones I've seen and tried, is that they have too long of a ridgid, non-bendable axial length to get through any bends. Might be nice for situations I've seen discussed here, where a 4" service goes to 6" for the last 15' before joining the main, but I don't see that installation in my area. Might also be nice in like a 4" grease trap line that has been neglected for ages and you could just sit and grind and let the cutters expand as they grind it back out to full diameter.... but I just jet those anyway.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Yes back on topic. We have a city here that requires the contractor to use the expanding 4" to 6" cutters. I just use a standard 6" cutter and squeeze it into the the clean out on the 4" pipe and run it through. Done this many times and satisfied the inspector in this city while he witnessed the rodding and then televised it when I was done.

I also have done this where there was 60' of 4" CI pipe then it went to 6" CI pipe for another 20' of course only clean out was at the beginning of the 4" and both pipes where full of scale.

Comment

My 4" to 6" xspanding cutter (used with my drum machine) has always pissed me off, unless it is a real nice straight shot it always gets hung up even on low tension so it hardley works for me but I keep in the bit box just in case.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                      X