X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetting question..

In my case I am the machine that rolls it up. Were talking small hand operated reel. It's a real b.... to keep everything tight and orderly when you are making lots of long passes.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

When jetting in a basement I coil I hose on the floor. It takes time to learn and you cant fight the hose. Sometimes turning the jetter off makes the hose easier to coil.

Comment

Got a jet job call today. My daughter came along with me today since she was home for the weekend. The pictures are of her pulling the hose out.
        Attached Files
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

daughters

oldest (40+ or -) was out of work a few years ago. she lasted until we started to do a gut and remodel on the embalming room at the local funeral home. that was straw that did it. took a $5.00 per hour pay cut. the young one was a freshmen in college. she came home on spring break and mentioned that she couldn't find a summer job. i told her that she could work for me. she didn't even wait to get money details. she just said " i not working for you bob, i know where you put your hands, i'll find something!" she went to cedar point. i kinda think it's motivation to get out there and find a job. lol. breid

Comment

Oh I meant to type in the post with the pictures. when she pulled out the hose, or even when I pull the hose out for that matter I coil it neatly on the ground there. That machine has a manual crank on it and would be to much work to try and wind it up and send it right back out. On the last run I pull it out and crank it back up on the reel then. One day I will install the motor on it for easer operation.

Comment

ron, where was your daughter today when i needed her

had 3 different jobs today and all 3 took over 200' of hose. had to put it into pulsation just to get the hose back on the first job with lots of turns.

i think i'll be making a portable "windlass" or a "capstan type puller. a portable reel to help pull the hose when i'm over a clean out.

i have a cues electric cable winch with 1000' of cable on it operated by a ridgid 700 threader. think i'll convert that to my hose puller

my jetter has an electric heavy duty reel on the 1/2'' x 400' hose and a manual reel on the 3/8'' x 250' reel.

very rarely do i get a c/o that's right over the reel.

my arms are throbbing from the tug o war.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                ron, where was your daughter today when i needed her

had 3 different jobs today and all 3 took over 200' of hose. had to put it into pulsation just to get the hose back on the first job with lots of turns.

i think i'll be making a portable "windlass" or a "capstan type puller. a portable reel to help pull the hose when i'm over a clean out.

i have a cues electric cable winch with 1000' of cable on it operated by a ridgid 700 threader. think i'll convert that to my hose puller

my jetter has an electric heavy duty reel on the 1/2'' x 400' hose and a manual reel on the 3/8'' x 250' reel.

very rarely do i get a c/o that's right over the reel.

my arms are throbbing from the tug o war.

rick.
                My reel has 500' of 1/2" hose and when I do Wonder Bread plant, my arms throb as well after playing tug o war with that hose. The all jets back ram nozzle is the roughest one to pull against too. But ever since I got my warthog nozzle its been a bit easer, and it does a better job by a 1000 times.

Comment

This is a job we did on Friday a catch basin in the driveway had a partial blockage. The out flow was a good distance from the driveway. We jetted from the out flow to the basin. Nice of the tile guys to dump the left over thin set in the basin. We used the digging bar pushed into the ground to keep the hose away from the bushes. We laid the hose out so we had enough to reach the basin on the ground next to the outflow. The nozzle was a flusher all jets rearward and the pipe was SDR35
                  Attached Files

Comment

problem wasn't really the distance, it was all the changes of direction that killed me. the warthog with pulse helped to break the friction and get it loose with all my strength and pull from my entire body. i still feel it today.

talked to a machinest last night about my portable winch reel. something i'm going to play with.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      problem wasn't really the distance, it was all the changes of direction that killed me. the warthog with pulse helped to break the friction and get it loose with all my strength and pull from my entire body. i still feel it today.

talked to a machinest last night about my portable winch reel. something i'm going to play with.

rick.
                      You may have talked to Steve last night but you talked to me yesterday afternoon and I am still working on it. I think between eBay and Craig's List you should be able to find something like this but for less money. It seems this would be an easy start.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Greenlee-640-642...%3D2%26ps%3D56

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

A tugger would go way to slow and to cumbersome to install. What about something similar to a rebar puller?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          My reel has 500' of 1/2" hose and when I do Wonder Bread plant, my arms throb as well after playing tug o war with that hose. The all jets back ram nozzle is the roughest one to pull against too. But ever since I got my warthog nozzle its been a bit easer, and it does a better job by a 1000 times.

How do you guys rate the 3/8 warthog.? i have a 4300 with 1/2 main reel and 3/8 mini reel . Does it cut roots any good .?

cheers

steve

Comment

just got the 3/8'' warthog last week to help out with my larger 1/2'' warthog.

have used it on 4 root jobs and the camera doesn't lie

when you have 2 rear nozzles that rotate slow enough to keep the 0 degree jet of water intact, it will cut anything in its path.

interesting to see what the pipe looks like before and after.

the front nozzle is used to cut through root stoppages in front of the nozzle to allow the rear nozzles to cut.

i removed and plugged my front 1/2'' nozzle and it pulls better. it's a 1/8'' npt thread and a brass or stainless plug is what it takes. you're not fighting the forward thrust taking away from the rearward thrust.

pulled 210' through multiple bends in cast iron pipe saturday. that was with my 3/8'' and all 3 nozzles 1f/2r.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X