Jetting question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting question..

When you pull the hose out during the process of jetting do you roll it back up on a reel or lay it on the ground. Maybe it's just my reel but it's a P.I.T.A. to reel it up. The only problem I have is getting going too fast and not coiling up the hose. Then I wind up with big rats nest of hose on the ground. I know, not too professional looking, that's why I ask.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Jetting question..

Trent all the jetting I have seen done they real it up and don't even try and hand pull it.

Comment

the guy i use for jetting doesn't even touch the hose except to wipe if off on rewind. it's all done by the machine.

i imagine a small reel being hand rewound could be a problem

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

My 777 has a manual crank to wind the hose, so when I need to make multiple passes I pull it back by hand and coil it neatly on the ground.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

On the ground
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Mine usually get piled up on the ground if I'm outside with the room. If I'm inside, where there are lots of people around, I'll take the time to wind it up as I go. I don't need someone tripping and falling.

Comment

I don't have to worry. City near me just purchased one of these. And I've heard they will run it through a yard cleanout.

Seems crazy big for that though.

http://www.vacallindustries.com/prod...r_cleaner.html

J.C.

Comment

not a trick question, but need some more info.

what size hose? how long? indoor or outdoor? what type if machine.

normally indoors, i will wind it up or shove it back into a bucket, mortar tray.

outdoors depends on the location to the machine and hose size.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I don't have to worry. City near me just purchased one of these. And I've heard they will run it through a yard cleanout.

Seems crazy big for that though.

http://www.vacallindustries.com/prod...r_cleaner.html

J.C.
                    More and more cities are doing stuff like this. There is a city here that will install a 6" clean out 10 to 15 foot from the house and then reline the sewer from that clean out. Other cities will televise a HO sewer at no charge. And others that will clean the sewer for a small fee. Oh and I like this one, the city wants to wittiness all power roddings since they will take responsibility if the problem is out in the ROW. But if you call their plumber they will not have to send an official out to witness the rodding.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      not a trick question, but need some more info.

what size hose? how long? indoor or outdoor? what type if machine.

normally indoors, i will wind it up or shove it back into a bucket, mortar tray.

outdoors depends on the location to the machine and hose size.

rick.
                      1/4" hose, 150' outside, old Landa pressure washer that I retired from cleaning portable toilets, had Landa put in a pulse/vibrator valve and sell me a foot valve and some hose for. It is 3,000 psi and probalby 5 or so gpm, I don't remember off the top of my head.

Thanks to those who've replied. Looks like I just need to take more time and coil the hose up as it comes out or coil it into a bucket.

Comment

150' of 1/4'' hose outside is easy to wind up after you're finished.

is there a problem why you can pull it out onto the driveway/ lawn and then walk it out 75' and back 75'. it will wind real easy with no strain and the hose reel will not want to move as there is no pressure on it.

unless the hose is very dirty / greasy coming out, it shouldn't make a mess.

even with my electric 1/2'' x 400' reel, i tend to pull it out, then wind it in.

usually it's because i rarely have the jetter/ reel right on top of the c/o.

see what works faster and better for you.

for me it's pull by hand, then roll up after.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I'm talking durning the process of jetting. Jetting sludge from drainfields requires several passes as it seeps back in the pipe from the media around it. So I may run that line 5 or 10 times trying to get as much gunk out of it as possible. Winding up the hose after the job is done isn't really a problem, but it's a pain to reel it up (with my reel anyhow) while pulling water and sludge back to the distribution box.

Comment

If your doing that many pass's I wouldn't roll it up. With what you described and the pain it is to roll it up, no thanks.

Comment

...i ALLWAYS pull the hose out by hand first...then stretch it out 200-300 feet and let the machine roll it up as evenly as i can.....that way you can observe your hose for cuts,tears and what not and repair them instantly with GURILLA TAPE!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X