Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for you Drain cleaning pros, (diapers)?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you Drain cleaning pros, (diapers)?

I have waded in raw sewage up to my wast, and raked and shoveled sludge drained out of a imhoff tank, and worked on recirculating pumps out of settling basins, and rebuilt trickle filters effluent distributors, I have snaked out sewers that were filled for many feet with packed $hit,
    IN the farming have had my arm in cows and $hit all over my shoulder pulling calves, and waded in corrals up to my knees.

but I still can hardly change a dirty diaper on a baby,

any one else have a problem in that area?
    after having the grand kids here the last week for some reason the thought come to me to ask this question,
    I have read of some of the nasties you have worked in and around, but

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS CHANGING A DIRTY BABY?

Come on be honest.
    Last edited by BHD; 06-02-2009, 08:41 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Re: Question for you Drain cleaning pros, (diapers)?

Yeah I did when my daughter was a baby. I also do portable toilets so I'm used to "fresh" doo. It would always gag me. I did get used to it though. I haven't changed a diaper in a while though. She'll be 16 this year.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Diapers never bothered me. Vomit, on the other hand....

Comment

None of it really bothers me anymore, though I don't end up changing too many of them, I work, the girlfriend takes care of the baby.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
          I have waded in raw sewage up to my wast, and raked and shoveled sludge drained out of a imhoff tank, and worked on recirculating pumps out of settling basins, and rebuilt trickle filters effluent distributors, I have snaked out sewers that were filled for many feet with packed $hit,
          IN the farming have had my arm in cows and $hit all over my shoulder pulling calves, and waded in corrals up to my knees.

but I still can hardly change a dirty diaper on a baby,

any one else have a problem in that area?
          after having the grand kids here the last week for some reason the thought come to me to ask this question,
          I have read of some of the nasties you have worked in and around, but

DO YOU HAVE PROBLEMS CHANGING A DIRTY BABY?

Come on be honest.
          Nope been doing it for almost 4 years now there is a technique though that helps alot. You dont pull the diaper open all the way to expose the goods. after you unstrap/velcro whatever it is you take the front part of the diaper and kinda scoop down the goodies into the bottom of the diaper then fold it up. then all thats left is to wipe that pressious little bottom. Do a good job on it and use as many wipes as you need or else the little one will get a rash.

Also never flush the diapers or wipes i put them in a doubble plastic shopping bag and put them in the trash.
          Last edited by Arthur96; 06-02-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Diapers no problem...

Urinal butter still gets to me sometimes though

Comment

Diapers don't bother me at all. Of course, my daughter is only 9 months old and her poo doesn't stink badly just yet.

Actually I have a VERY strong stomach. I can work in a sewer, work in a grease trap, gut and skin a freshly killed animal, etc. The last thing that grossed me out really bad was working at a morgue a few years ago. The hair, fat and blood coming out of the cleanout combined with the stench of decaying fat and formaldehyde got me grossed out. I didn't barf though!
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Never changed a diaper so I wouldn't know. I do have a very low gag threshold for urinals and grease traps.

Comment

my youngest daughter had a couple that made me gag a little bit but all in all not to bad. what bothers me the most is hair from tub and sink drains for whatever reason its not the smell its the visual that gives me the dry heaves a little bit. Im not sure why
                  Mike
                  Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                  www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

i'll let joey handle that department. she does it at her work

i handle it after it's left the immediate proximity of the human body

but then again it "depends"

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I never had problem changing diapers. The only two things I don't like is when their first born they have that tar like stuff that it very hard to come off. Then when they start eating real food other then milk and rice cereal and such oh man it stinks bad.

Comment

I like the hand the baby to Mama or Grandma technique.

We will bond when she starts speaking English.

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
                          I like the hand the baby to Mama or Grandma technique.

We will bond when she starts speaking English.
                          I tried that and they had me convinced that changing the diaper was apart of being a father and that I needed to pitch in and help. The first diaper change I got peed on twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                            I tried that and they had me convinced that changing the diaper was apart of being a father and that I needed to pitch in and help. The first diaper change I got peed on twice.

The feminization of America.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                              I actually think a dad should change diapers. If you're a father and your wife works you're probably left alone with the kid, so they need to have their diapers changed; and why not when you're home if the mom has been running after them all day.

That said, I'm changing fewer and fewer diapers. My 3 1/2 year old son and 22 month old daughter are almost potty trained. It turns out to be easier to pick 'em up, stick them in the tub, and then use the hand sprayer to hose them down when the have an accident than change a diaper. It's way cheaper too, and since they don't like it; they have an incentive to use the potty.

Comment

Working...
                              X