X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetting School

When do you guys jet instead of just clean with a machine ? Or should you do both Clear the line with a machine and then clean the line with a jetter? Is their any types of piping that you dont want to jet ie orangeburg? I have saw some posts saying that guys clogged other branch drains by jetting is this true and if so what do you do to prevent this? Do you guys recommend any of the Ridgid jetting machines is it good to have a electric and a gas or does this matter? Thank you for all your help i have looked thru the threads and post and have learnd some but feel I need to just ask these questions directly and how do you guys determin a rental fee for these?

Re: Jetting School

I only jet after I've cameraed the line and I know the cable won't be effective, i.e. grease, mud, drywall compound from some hack doing a flip, debris that's sometimes high up on the sewer pipe wall.

I run away from Orangeburg if I can. I want no part in snaking or jetting that crap.

Our jetting fee is 2 times our cable fee

Comment

I only jet after I power rodded the line first. I want to ensure I cleared any solid obstructions first then clear the rest with the jetter.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

and how do you derive at your rental fee

Comment

It all depends on the problem. An outside leader drain that we have inspected and found roots we will jet only. A sewer lateral with roots and no outside clean we would run the cable. It's all based on where the water is going to go while jetting. The only time you have to worry about plugging up incoming lines is when you unable to jet from the lowest point. If you are pulling the jet back towards you and you are coming from down stream to up stream the water will build up and will spill into any connecting line as you come back. If there is a toilet or shower tied in close to equal you could build up enough water to back up and create a mess.

Comment

Clipper, what are the fees for the various things you ask where you currently work?

While you shouldn't necessarily follow their price structure, it should give you just as accurate of measure as people from all over the U.S. on the forum.

What does your employer charge?

J.C.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-07-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

we do not jet and the see snake price is about $300 I think is a little high

Comment

I only jet when the cable wont work.

I average 60 jobs per month and only need my jet about once a month.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Working...
                X