X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: urnial

I'll give you another tip and that is to use an American Standard Tank to Bowl Gasket for a seal on wall hung urinals. 2 cuts with a knife for where the mounting ears go and you are good to go.
    411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

thanks for the tips , stuff like that really helps

Comment

Originally posted by davevb View Post
        Just last friday I was contemplating this exact idea! My Best Plumbing salesman sells urinal cleaner that is Hydrochloric acid. Researching this, I found Muriatic acid is another name for it. I have 2 gallons of Muriatic sold as RV cleaner. But, I don't know the mix rate? I fugured to pour a quart in and let it set over the weekend, then flush it. How does that sound?
        I've got 50 urinals on campus, something needs to work.

I would not leave acid over weekend, a couple of hours max.

Comment

My supply house carries Urinal Kleen. It works really well on the sugar in the traps.

Comment

Sizzle is another one.

I'll take a large towel, get it wet and drape it over the urina; to keep the fumes contained.

Also ask maintenance man/ manager if they have dumped any drain cleaner in the urinal. All sorts of nasty chemical reactions can happen if the wrong things are mixed.

Comment

Santeen is my fave.
              When I know the line is good I will use a urinal auger.
              Last edited by Jay Mpls; 08-21-2009, 07:57 PM. Reason: btw...

Comment

I have made a urnial cleaning machine that uses a cordless dril out of copper pipe bras 3\8 tee spring tubing bender and 2 1/2 foot of cable from sink machine that works you dont have to pull the urinal off the wall can send pitcher

Comment

pix would be nice

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

is there an easier way to lift these *** things. I don't find them too heavy. I just hate the idea of having another men d55k juice on my arms, when I go to lift these off the wall

Comment

pix would be nice and thank you

Comment

Another way to clean them besides pulling them would be great! The money for pulling one is nice but I'd rather just forget about that sometimes lol. The other day I pulled one and was scraping all the crud and whatnot out and some flew up and got stuck in my eye!

I flushed my eye out with water right away but it wasn't enough. It was still stuck in there a couple hours later when I flushed it again with a sprayer at home. I couldn't get it out so I went to the local now care and had them take care of it. They were all horrified when I told them what had happened.

+1 on the Santeen use. It works great on the stuff that scraping leaves behind :-). It works good in toilets too!

Comment

Originally posted by coldbluff View Post
                          best way to clean a urnial and do you charge more for such work
                          Pull the urinal, put it in a plastic washtub and boil it out with muratic.

While you're doing this clean out the waste line, if you can't get a 3/8 or 13/32 cable with a 1 1/2" blade through it right off the bat, start with a 1/4" or 5/16 cable and work your way up.

I charge for the acid and an extra fee to pull a porcelin fixture, then charge for cleaning the line by the hour.

Comment

A lot of them I can jet right through the cast in traps and into the line with them still on the wall. Not all though.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Next to clearing out grease traps, urinals are the most stinky and discusting things service plumbers have to deal with. It goes with the territory though. Charge accordingly.

Comment

Folks,

Examine the MSDS sheets for the chemicals used in Muratic acid against Calci-Solve or any acid type based cleaner.

If the base product is hydrocloric acid, the food coloring in the other products don't make it more powerful.

You can get muriatic acid cheap in the off season, works great.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X