Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crawlspace Greasetrap

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
    I'm hoping to clean it off with a nice long sewer line soon.

The worst to me is seafood restaurants, or fast food chicken restaurant greasetraps.
    Agreed, I do work at a seafood processing place that sells seafood to restaurants and such. But at least there I can run plenty of fresh water to wash the cable off. Having an open drum like that is a plus since you be able to wash the cable off afterwords.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Twicepipes View Post
      Wait....so you were up top running the cable through with the machine down below spinning and unmanned??? How is this possible? How were you able to control the cable while you were away from the machine? Isn't that, like, dangerous too? You're lucky, and I mean real lucky, you got out of there alive. Golly gee, operating that antiquated machine in that manner is like a death trap. You could save yourself a lot of potential injury by using a sectional. You simply can't do a job like this with that type of machine without putting yourself in harms way. Please, do yourself a favor Lenny, purchase a K60. When will you learn?

Sectional has its benefits but I would have been cursing at the sectional in this situation.

After the 1/8 bend, 1/4 bend, and combination that can be seen. The pipe exits the other side of the wall into another combination, that has a cleanout pinned up against pool room equipment, into another wall where it "t's" down the vertical through an unknown amount of turns approximately 30 feet to the next known clean out. I ran approx 60 ft of 11/16 with 3 inch blades (stretched to 3.5")

I cant imagine pulling out 60 feet of sectional through this, especially while in a crawl space.

In this case the feeder is my friend.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I didn't see it before but what is that white powder that is on the pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          I didn't see it before but what is that white powder that is on the pipe?
          Unknown.

Lime probably from past spills I'm guessing.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

rofl, we are worlds apart....

you only jet when the blades won't work, I only use a cable when I have a reason not to jet....

Whatever works for you.

You always know it's going to be fun if there is a grease trap involved.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
            X