K-60/camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60/camera

Someone might find this this interesting, rookie drain cleaner impressions. Went on my first mainline blockage on a septic tank,out of my normal service area but friend of friend and looking for experience 3' from house back 2 cleanouts up and downstream 4" combis First thing when I got the call was check forum search on septic tanks= DO NOT GET WRAPPED UP IN TANK! Thanks everyone! blockage was upstream ran 7/8 with 2" arrow to get flow, accomplished but could tell more obstruction. Run camera, at 15' roots and hard chunks on cast iron. ran a 3" half pear cleared and went @ 5' more ( getting close to toilet, small old house ) hit hard restriction, cable binding and breaking loose ran back and forth but didn't want to hit toilet. ran camera again ,first blockage cleared but just downstream of toilet on bottom of toilet 90 pile of hard something Exactly 20' , ran cable again confidently runnig cutter aggressively back and forth reinspected CLEARED!

Went ahead ran camera downsream found light root restriction @ 33', 1' before septic tank, cleaned that also.

This rookie would never have done a proper CLEANING without the camera and arguably the K-60. I love this equipment!

Re: K-60/camera

wookie, glad you did the research and answered your own questions. that's what this forum is all about

anytime you go upstream, you better know what the safe distance is or you'll get in trouble. a wye, comby or change in size will get you in trouble.

the camera and k-60 make for a system that can't be beat.

you knew your problem, and your footage.

the sectional with instant safety clutch with the fact that you know your cable distance is a package that can't be beat

did you buy this from the long beach show and jeff at mckinney

you don't need practice, you need jobs for it. you've already mastered the training process.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

nicely done

the camera is an invaluable tool i used mine twice this morning. discovered a broken 1.5" tub drain and a massive sag (over 11 feet long) in a fairly new PVC lateral

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

You can not be that accurate on fottage with a drum machine!

Comment

Wookie, I'm curious if you charged for the camera time plus the cable time or all as one price, or if you flat rate each.

Either way, nice job on getting it done right.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade, but in this situation he could have pulled the cable out of the reel measured 20 feet, and marked it with duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
              Wookie, I'm curious if you charged for the camera time plus the cable time or all as one price, or if you flat rate each.

Either way, nice job on getting it done right.
              T&M I"m not a smell good plumber but my charges smell good

This job was different for personal reasons. Service call charge and 1 hr labor plus camera charge. Normally my jobs are 5 mile radius so with economy eliminated service call charge. my camera charges are VERY reasonable. when things pickup I'll increase $ I really should charge more for the camera, just look at it as tuition cost right now

Everything turned out smelling like a rose

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                wookie, glad you did the research and answered your own questions. that's what this forum is all about

anytime you go upstream, you better know what the safe distance is or you'll get in trouble. a wye, comby or change in size will get you in trouble.

the camera and k-60 make for a system that can't be beat.

you knew your problem, and your footage.

the sectional with instant safety clutch with the fact that you know your cable distance is a package that can't be beat

did you buy this from the long beach show and jeff at mckinney

you don't need practice, you need jobs for it. you've already mastered the training process.

rick.

I've read our post on going upstream. Very small simple house 1 bathroom measured from outside wall to give limit ,worked out camera confirmed measurement right on. next time might be harder to get accurate measurement

still getting hang of clutch, bent 5/8 and 7/8 sections already

Bought from Toolup last fall remember my warranty issues? all good now been to Mckinney in Anaheim since, good guys and excellent bbq next door

10-4 on the jobs ,friggin economy

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                  I can, and i have.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

of course drums can be accurate on footage, but it's not a simple everyday feat to pull off.

i use to paint my drum cables constantly and stay on top of them to accurately measure distance. duct tape, electrical tape, shrink tubing only last 1 job. nothing more.
                    actually white pipe dope works pretty good

sure you could reel out 100' and paint the marks and wait til the paint dries. but how long will it last and how often will you have to repaint the cables.

i did it for more years than i want to remember and now with any sectional i i never have to paint. all i do is count sections and am never off more than 1 foot with no added effort.

you drummers should ask renee nicely for that footage counter we saw at the roundup.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X