Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance on tools who has it ?

Insurance on tools who has it ?

My truck and utility trailer were hit Saturday at 1:30 am.
    Hit and run drunk driver.
    Took out my trailer, tail gate bumper and class 5 hitch. Bent the chassis, transmission is not work right.

And to top it all off my RS technical sewer camera was destroyed. And a k750…

I do have insurance on my tools,

Camera replacement $12,000.00
    K750 $1200.00 and up.

Truck so far is around 7-9,000.00 to repair.

But on a better note the drunk driver left a license plate wrapped in what was once my trailer.

52 year old women was driving a 99 jeep Cherokee.

She moved my truck 10 foot, and put the truck on the curb.
    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

Re: Insurance on tools who has it ?

Sorry about your equipment. I'm glad you brought this up. I'm going to check about the tools on the trucks.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

as i mentioned to you, tool insurance is running approx 10% of the policy.

so a $100,000 coverage would run 10,000

it's cheaper to spend the 10k on new tools and stash them in multiple nest

joey doesn't know where all the real good stuff is

so it's an educated gamble to insure the tools/ contents.

my truck is insured to $750,000 for liability/ pi.

my shop is also insured, but not contents, and my house is fully insured with contents.

interesting part is my house insurance is less expensive than my truck or my shop insurance and last time i checked my house is a whole lot more valuable than my shop or my truck

amazing what insurance cost considering we hope to never use it.

i'm sure it varies all over the country, but out here you need a second job just to pay for the insurance bills.

i don't have earthquake insurance either. it cost more than the house insurance and the deductible is 15%. i believe only 13% of californians carry earthquake insurance too.

once again an educated gamble along with a pretty good track record of quakes

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I am sure I have a different type of policy than what you can get,

but I have a blanket policy on my farm equipment and shop contents, and it will pay UP to X amount of loss, I am sure there is a deductible but I think it is a dollar figure,

the thing with this blanket policy is it is covering a much larger amount of product than it will pay out, but with that said nothing is stored in one place, there are multiple places the much of the equipment is stored out side, so the chances of reaching the dollar amount is not impossible but doubt full, and the way it is done the cost is "reasonable". but this blanket covers so many things, from the tractors to a pair of pliers, (I do not know if they do this for construction type business or not.
        I have never had to use it and hope I never do,

I know when I was jsut in construction it was hard to find good coverage on the tools,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I got a quote recently of $700 per year for $23,000 van content (tools) insurance, 500 deductible. I bought an alarm ($200), and window security bars ($120) instead.

I may reconsider after hearing your story.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I had 100k tool rider on my truck insurance, and it only raised my yearly rate by $100 a year.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
              I had 100k tool rider on my truck insurance, and it only raised my yearly rate by $100 a year.
              out of curiosity what do you pay for insurance?

100k for tools is 10k of insurance extra here

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                joey doesn't know where all the real good stuff is

rick.
                Typing this doesn't make it true; however, if it makes you feel better to think it then go ahead.

I just have no need to access it. Now, if you continue to drink your own milkshakes and expired chocolate milk then I will probably feel differently
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I have insurance on all my tools and equipment. I furnished the insurance company with serial numbers and models of everything, plus I have pictures of everything on DVD's, every little tool I own I have a record of it. I pay around $1,000 for 40,000 in covererage. I add things a couple times a year.

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    out of curiosity what do you pay for insurance?

100k for tools is 10k of insurance extra here

rick.
                    My truck Insurance full coverage with the rider is just a bit over $900 a year. It through Allstate commercial vehicle insurance.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      My truck Insurance full coverage with the rider is just a bit over $900 a year. It through Allstate commercial vehicle insurance.
                      like i've said in other post. there is no one who has the cost of living expenses that i have here.

900 will get me 6 months on 1 truck with no content coverage. under 6,000 miles add another 10% for inland marine coverage/ tools.

amazing i've never had a real claim and yet my insurance cost are more than 99% of everyone here

i guess it's the cost for not having to shovel snow

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Usually how it works is where there is an area with high claims thats where u end up paying more, ie large metropolitan areas. Dosen't matter, usa or canada I guess.

Comment

no claims

06 chevy express 2500 w/ 12,000 miles. = $1700 per year van only.

99 dodge cargo 1500 w/ 130,000 miles = $1200 yearly (need to call them about a break on this since it is now a secondary vehicle, wish me luck. )

Content / tool insurance is extra. 700 yr for 23,000 van contents.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I am insured for van, shed and tools. Tool insurance is around $750 per year which covers accidents in van,theft etc. Couldnt imagine someone lifting a $20k camera from my van in less than a minute and not being able to compensate. If you do not have insurance. GET IT.
                            I have had tools stolen in the past and even if they are recovered you have a hard time getting them back. SUCKSSS

Comment

here i pay $499.00 a year for a 2 mil rider and $15000.00 in tool replacment.
                              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Working...
                              X