X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Rodrunner...any thoughts?

Any one ever use this machine? looks versatile. Im in the market for and electric eel or maybe the rodrunner. just would like some feed back. Thanks again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utM2EuXYQXc

Re: General Rodrunner...any thoughts?

A lawnmower drain cleaner!

Comment

I have used it. It works just as good as an Eel Model C. Both machines do great for what they where designed for. The Roadrunner takes the best of both worlds the walk type of a model C and feed type smilier as a Ridgid.
      Last edited by SewerRatz; 06-09-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: Hit enter to soon
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

He just lets the cable smack the brick wall lol
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I had a flashback when watching that video.

I worked for a company who used these generals with the 1.25 cables for 2 years.

That is the machine that convinced me I'm a drum guy.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

"...It will corkscrew out by itself"

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Ridiculous. The entire concept removes the most essential part of the cleaning--the operators hands.
              Going in, the whole point of drain cleaning is handling the cabling, feeling what the blades are encountering downstream. Pulling back is a different story. I can literally sit down, write the invoice, and let the machine do the work retrieving.

Comment

If you are going to be using the machine strickly outside where you don't have to worry about damaging anything or getting the cable wrapped up in something you might be alright. Otherwise save your money. Get a good right angle drill(hole hog or timberwolf) and the drill adaptor and you will be all set.

Comment

I Figured on just buying the 1-1/4" cables only, because i have a super hole hawg. I know the 1-1/4" cable we clear anything that is still intact. I thought that maybe a machine like that would give me the convience of the eel and of the k-1500.

Comment

If you guys only watched the beginning of the video, you all missed the fact you can put a guide hose on this machine and use it in the stationary position and use a the clutch just like a K-1500. Like I said it is the best of both worlds, Eel Model C and a K-1500
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Yes, they do have a guide hose, for use in the stationary position.

I have one but I've only used it a couple of times and it was more for trying it out. I have no need to lug yet another piece of heavy equipment around when Edith gets the job done just fine.

Being an owner with no employees I've never given thought to what OSHA would have to say about Edith???

I've always kept the Rod Runner around as a "just in case". Business is slow right now and it's not doing me any good sitting in a shed, so if you or anyone else is interested in it I'd sell it. PM me if your interested.
                      Last edited by Gene Bickford; 06-10-2009, 11:30 AM.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

gene, you hit the nail right on the head

the rodrunner combines the best of the walk behind and the stationary sectional machines into 1 very universal sectional machine.

but genes edith and my timberwolf take up no space, and are as gutsy as any machine out there. sure it takes guts to use one. but remember that we take risk all the time with drain cleaning.

very similar to a woodworker with no guard on the saw or an electrician working on it live

come to think of it, we all take risk. it's just we take educated risk and hopefully we are able to increase our chances of not being part of darwins theory or award show

although i do like award shows

gene i would take you up on the offer, but my shop is full of idle tools

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Bump.....

Anyone care to update opinions?

JH, I recall that you ended up buying a 1hp eel? What made you go that route?

Gene, have you used yours much since '09?

thanks,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
                            I had a flashback when watching that video.

I worked for a company who used these generals with the 1.25 cables for 2 years.

That is the machine that convinced me I'm a drum guy.

Ahem brother!
                            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                              Gene, have you used yours much since '09?

thanks,

Chris
                              Oh this is an easy one. Since 2009 I have used it...oh, let me think,,oh, thats right, ZERO times. Edith is still running strong.

I have been meaning to pull it out of the shed and start using it just so I can form an educated opinion on it.

I almost always have Candy with me now. When i'm using Edith I sometimes need Candy to "foot" or "heel" the cable.

If I worked alone all the time, I don't know, maybe I would like the rodrunner.
                              To me it's like a beefed up K-60 and a model C all in one but I have not used it enough to form an educated opinion.
                              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                              X