X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewer main clog

Here are some pic's of a job I did for the town today in a 8" main.

PLAN A:
    12' deep SMH full of water when we arrived. We started at the down stream SMH 200' away as upstream from that SMH still had a 100' section of old clay main. Put in 170' of 1.25 innercore and it started turning back on itself.

PLAN B:
    Went back to the flooded SMH and attempted to direct the snake down stream. It took awhile but I finally managed to get it in the main, or so I thought. Went about 170 again and suspect it was again turning back on itself. Pulled all the snake back and tried and tried to make sure my pvc pipe guide was placed properly but no luck.

PLAN C: C= Candy
    I was about to give up and tell them to call in the combo truck. Candy starts messing with the guide for about 30 sec's and says "i think I got it".
    So back in goes the snake. 25' later Edith grinds and grinds away at a spot and all of a sudden jumps forward about 3' from the head pressure and down goes the water. It took about 20mins for it to drain enough to see what was going on.
    Attached Files
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Sewer main clog

More pic's. 2 of 4 is a pic of the abortion of a SMH about 5' away. Yes that is a condome in pic 1. Pic 4 is Candy, the guy is Chris from the sewer dept
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gene Bickford; 06-12-2009, 03:47 PM.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      Yes that is a condom in pic 1
      Damn...
      I thought you were playing with ballons...

I hate it when a job goes through that many plans.
      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

i never leave home without my candy

what's up with those manholes there.

our pipe doesn't enter the manhole like that. it's an open smooth cement trough on the bottom.

good job on the fix

rick
        phoebe it is

Comment

Nice job!

We have smooth concrete canals in our manholes also.

Did I understand this right?

The blockage was just 25 feet away?

Was the 170 ft you ran the first two times wrapping up in the pipe/manhole?

170 feet of 1.25 sectional, ouch, my back tightened up just reading about it.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Originally posted by HebertDrainCare View Post
            Was the 170 ft you ran the first two times wrapping up in the pipe/manhole?
            No. The first attempt was from the SMH downstream, working up toward the backed up SMH shown in the pic's. This SMH was clear/flowing so it was easy to see what was going on as far as guiding the snake up the main.

The 2nd attempt was in the backed up SMH with 10' or so of water and debris so I was pretty much working blind and by feel. I thought I was going down the outlet but instead was in another inlet that can't be seen in the pic's.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              what's up with those manholes there.

our pipe doesn't enter the manhole like that. it's an open smooth cement trough on the bottom
              These are not typical SMH's. They are abortions. I don't see how someone could install something like that and call it a day.

Normally the trough is made of smooth cement or brick here.

Normally it's easy to use the pipe as a guide and get a feel for whats going on, but this one was such a mess....

Comment

Working...
              X