X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello first post / ridgid/ rothenburger k 60 copy

Looks like the chineese have finally gotten around to copying the K-60.

Looking at the picture on e-bay from craig's affordable tools there is a pipe drain cleaning machine called ths STD 125.
    It looks like the old style projector box K-60 buy it has the capacity of the K50 it uses 5/8th sectional cable and you can snap on a small drum on the rear of the unit. It is probably total junk. Has any one seen this unit before or used it ? Thanks David

Re: Hello first post / ridgid/ rothenburger k 60 copy

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...hlight=Chinese

No experience with any here. Welcome.

J.C.

Comment

I have enough problems from eating sewage. I don't need any STD's.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        I have enough problems from eating sewage. I don't need any STD's.
        What the hell???????

Comment

socially transmitted disease. lol. breid

Comment

i looked at these. no one would fess up to having one. i watched craig aff tools. he didn't appear to sell any. i was concerned about repair parts. i didn't just get off the boat. i know that there is quite a bit of engineering that goes into making cables work for instance. any one think these people do this? i bought a used k-60sp on ebay. i've got something i will be able to get stuff for. craigs affordable tool and toolz unlimited both appear to have the same items. craigs were reading a script to me when i called them. besides where else but here can you get great info? plus laughed at for stupid questions. lol. your call. breid

Comment

reverse engineering is a very common practice when you take the best money can buy and steal the design with exact dimensions and knock off parts.

i would imagine it's a close clone to the ridgid line. but it's got junk in the trunk

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I hate to say it but pretty soon we will have to rely on China to loan us money to survive. Maybe the new slogan should be "If you can't buy American buy Chinese". Or even worse "Buy American, China is".

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                  socially transmitted disease. lol. breid
                  We are talking about the k-60. That would make it a sectionally transmitted disease that Ace is afraid of
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    We are talking about the k-60. That would make it a sectionally transmitted disease that Ace is afraid of
                    They must have forgotten your older brother is a Doctor so you have inside knowledge of the diseases your husband may be exposed to.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I own the Rothenberger machines, they work real good, but never had a chance to use the Chinese made ones. I have seen them up close at Allan J Coleman. They seem to be decent enough for the $$$. But I rather stick with Ridgid or Rothenberger.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...hlight=Chinese

No experience with any here. Welcome.

J.C.
                        Thanks I think I will enjoy this site and all of the info and jokes David

Comment

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                          i looked at these. no one would fess up to having one. i watched craig aff tools. he didn't appear to sell any. i was concerned about repair parts. i didn't just get off the boat. i know that there is quite a bit of engineering that goes into making cables work for instance. any one think these people do this? i bought a used k-60sp on ebay. i've got something i will be able to get stuff for. craigs affordable tool and toolz unlimited both appear to have the same items. craigs were reading a script to me when i called them. besides where else but here can you get great info? plus laughed at for stupid questions. lol. your call. breid
                          Thanks, I noticed they sell cutters, and augers for sectional cable they even sell 50" of cable in a carrier for $125.- Presently I have enough K 50 cable and K 60 cable.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            reverse engineering is a very common practice when you take the best money can buy and steal the design with exact dimensions and knock off parts.

i would imagine it's a close clone to the ridgid line. but it's got junk in the trunk

rick.
                            I have also heard the quality wasn't there, for occasional use it might do ok

Comment

Originally posted by rooterboy View Post
                              Looks like the chineese have finally gotten around to copying the K-60.

Looking at the picture on e-bay from craig's affordable tools there is a pipe drain cleaning machine called ths STD 125.
                              It looks like the old style projector box K-60 buy it has the capacity of the K50 it uses 5/8th sectional cable and you can snap on a small drum on the rear of the unit. It is probably total junk. Has any one seen this unit before or used it ? Thanks David
                              You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

Working...
                              X