Pivot DM150

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivot DM150

This is a Duracable Pivot DM150 I have been using it to do projects for R&D and I have an old Ridgid which I am not sure of the model but it's an open cage drum. The thing look like it's at least 20yrs old or more and has about 150' of 11/16 cable and the DM150 has 75' of 1/2" cable. I am going to use my old Ridgid or Spartan to do some field testing. Have any of you ever used the Pivot and what are your thoughts on the machine?

Re: Pivot DM150

First thought is.... no wheels. And with 75' of 1/2" cable, that sucka can't be light.

Comment

It was ok for what I was doing but now I need something that's more power if I remember right it has 1/3 hp with about 170 rpm under load. I want at least 1/2 hp for I am looking for roots with sewers. I never used a sectional but I am thinking about getting the K-60. Also I might stick with a drum and go with the K-7500. Is it an easy transition from a drum to a sectional? Since I am not using it every day would you say to just stick with a drum since that is what I am used to. Also those who have used the K-7500 is it easy to get through a 3" co since that is what some of the houses have here?

It's not that heavy I would say between 75-85lbs.
      Last edited by DanLawrence; 06-18-2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

If 75-85 is light to you, stick with the drums. Going from drums to sectional is a learning curve. It probably took me at least 10 jobs before I stopped cussing at Rick and Mark. How are the roofs in your area? I just moved to CA and saw all these spanish tile roof that I can't walk on. Looks like I may buy a small drum machine later.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Oregon does not have tile roofs or very few of them. I would rather pull a toilet, I recently tried going on my roof with my tools and it didn't go well with all the rain we recently have had.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't use 1/2" as a primary mainline cable for root cutting. Better to step up.
            Once in while I get a job where there's limited access and I need to use it.

Comment

Working...
            X