Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

    You could be right. I will do some more tests next week with different material and a real camera, not my mobile phone! Once the nozzle found its place it kept drilling through the timber keeping the front jet in position. I will upload another short video next.
    Regards, Bill

    The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

      This may give you a better picture of the nozzle itself.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeyuNpHfGUU
      Regards, Bill

      The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

        bill, what are the specs from this jetter and nozzle combination?

        do you always use the snap coupler while jetting or is it just for the demo?

        i screw my nozzles directly onto the hose to shorten the length and navigate the turns.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

          This test was made by using a 5000psi 5.5gpm jetter through 60m 1/4" hose and 60m 3/16" hose on a remote mini reel. We always use quick release couplers. Once snapped on, they will not come off unless they are not connected properly or the operator forces the nozzle into the drain against a sharp edge before it is turned on thus pulling back the sheath. You'll only do it once, especially if you have a warthog on the end of your hose!

          By using 3/16" hose we can negotiate any bend configuration with any nozzle including the root ranger in 90mm storm water pipe. If required you can remove the quick release coupler. We designed special 'silt proof' couplers preventing the sheath from seizing when used in sand etc.

          I guess Aussie plumbers are impatient and want to get 'in and out' of a job as quickly as possible so screwing nozzles on and off are a thing of the past for us. You guys will catch on one day!!!

          How about I send you 6 samples you can send to those interested on the forum who run jetters around 5gpm 4-5000psi. I would value your feedback on the job as your drains are different to ours. I have heard you have a lot of 80mm cast iron drains?
          Regards, Bill

          The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
          Albert Einstein

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

            i would like to try that nozzle. My jetter is a 2500psi 12gpm......which one would work best for this? how much are the nozzles? warranty?....is the 1/2'' much larger than the 3/8''...the more smaller and powerful the better because alot of thse 4''and 3'' sewers here are bent in alot of areas by as much as 2''........if the price is reasonable i wouldnt mind buying one. You guys ought to take it on a ''real-world sewer'' stoppage and camera it from the 'opposite' end so we can all see how well it rips up the roots and cleans the line!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

              If you send Rick 6 nozzles, he will want to keep 4 for himself to use as backups for his backups

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                If you send Rick 6 nozzles, he will want to keep 4 for himself to use as backups for his backups
                bill, i'll send one with joey when she visits you

                adam is also set up with a new ridgid jetter too.

                i now alex and gene are also would be good.

                you see they're all accounted for now

                rick.

                list your specs so we get it right

                i'll go for the 5.6 at 3500 1/4'' design
                phoebe it is

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                  Hey bill,

                  I will make myself available to trial one of the new nozzles. Just call me.

                  Cheers

                  Steve Press

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    bill, i'll send one with joey when she visits you

                    adam is also set up with a new ridgid jetter too.

                    i now alex and gene are also would be good.

                    you see they're all accounted for now

                    rick.

                    list your specs so we get it right

                    i'll go for the 5.6 at 3500 1/4'' design
                    That reminds me Rick, I think we should work out a daily fee for looking after her while she's in D.C.

                    I'll throw in picking her up at the airport at no charge but if her plane is more than an hour late, the clock starts ticking

                    Maybe best to hold your credit card info just in case of emergency

                    I've checked all the local road signs and billboards for proper spelling/grammer, so we should be ok

                    Put a bone in her hair, the humidity is building

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                      don't worry bill. i lined up a neighbor of yours from my costa rica trip.

                      so now you can look after joey and stephanie.

                      believe me stephanie needs a helping hand.

                      she came the closest to death in the 11 years of going on this trip.

                      so bill, make sure to put them on the short bus when you all meet

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                        Originally posted by lonestardrain View Post
                        i would like to try that nozzle. My jetter is a 2500psi 12gpm......which one would work best for this? how much are the nozzles? warranty?....is the 1/2'' much larger than the 3/8''...the more smaller and powerful the better because alot of thse 4''and 3'' sewers here are bent in alot of areas by as much as 2''........if the price is reasonable i wouldnt mind buying one. You guys ought to take it on a ''real-world sewer'' stoppage and camera it from the 'opposite' end so we can all see how well it rips up the roots and cleans the line!!
                        We have only made 1/4" so far. We will evaluate the nozzle before making it in 3/8" and 1/2". I will upload a clip of the nozzle clearing a solid root blockage in a perspex pipe next week. They are currently at the hardeners.
                        Regards, Bill

                        The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          bill, i'll send one with joey when she visits you

                          adam is also set up with a new ridgid jetter too.

                          i now alex and gene are also would be good.

                          you see they're all accounted for now

                          rick.

                          list your specs so we get it right

                          i'll go for the 5.6 at 3500 1/4'' design
                          Rick

                          PM me your address so I can send these demos over.

                          Bill.
                          Regards, Bill

                          The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                            Originally posted by bill2601 View Post

                            so screwing nozzles on and off are a thing of the past for us. You guys will catch on one day!!!
                            I had this same conversation with you ten years ago. Have`nt screwed one since.



                            marcus.d

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              do you always use the snap coupler while jetting or is it just for the demo?

                              i screw my nozzles directly onto the hose to shorten the length and navigate the turns.

                              rick.
                              [QUOTE=bill2601;237832]We always use quick release couplers. Once snapped on, they will not come off unless they are not connected properly or the operator forces the nozzle into the drain against a sharp edge before it is turned on thus pulling back the sheath. You'll only do it once, especially if you have a warthog on the end of your hose!

                              By using 3/16" hose we can negotiate any bend configuration with any nozzle including the root ranger in 90mm storm water pipe. If required you can remove the quick release coupler. We designed special 'silt proof' couplers preventing the sheath from seizing when used in sand etc.

                              I guess Aussie plumbers are impatient and want to get 'in and out' of a job as quickly as possible so screwing nozzles on and off are a thing of the past for us. You guys will catch on one day!!!

                              [QUOTE]

                              Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
                              I had this same conversation with you ten years ago. Have`nt screwed one since.



                              marcus.d
                              don't see how adding a non flexible coupler and plug can get around the 90 degree bends we have. the added length and stiffness will be the killer.

                              there are times with my bigger hose 3/8'' or 1/2'' hose that i'm out 250'-400' and unless i shut off the pump, i can't pull back the hose as its got too much friction from all the bends.

                              i'll play it safe and keep screwing on my nozzles. plus i don't want your new nozzle to fall off and fall into the wrong hands

                              rick.
                              phoebe it is

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

                                Dont forget your local drain cleaners bill.
                                Regards
                                greg
                                Ballarat Drain Cleaning

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X