Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    I was wondering if it was my imagination as it looked as if the screwdriver nazzle was stronger than the root ranger. Can this be possible with a nozzle that has 7 jets vs a nozzle with 1 jet?

The SN or similar can cut skin off, the Rootranger can take your whole leg off skin and bone!

Comment

Hooked up the Screwdriver nozzle today to try it out. Wow I am impressed!. 4gpm @ 3500 psi jetter. I just installed a pump disabler on my jetter. Big difference in performance and cleaning power

This thing rocks! Stuffed it in my 4" styrene pipe downspout line that runs buried under my deck. I've jetted and cabled this line before several times with minimal results. I suspected this line was collapsed for several years as it never did drain well. It pulls like a team of horses. I left it in one place too long (about 8 seconds) and it burned through the pipe wall and popped up through 12" of dirt.

Tried it in a short piece of Orangeburg. Poked a hole through inside of 4 seconds.

Some big jetter jobs coming up next week in a 155 unit building that has severe grease build up. Looking to land this building maintenance as a regular customer. The Screwdriver should really impress.

Comment

Originally posted by Root Ranger View Post
        The SN or similar can cut skin off, the Rootranger can take your whole leg off skin and bone!

But why? I like my legs!

Comment

I have to comment that the thing that made me smile most about the root ranger was the disclaimer/warning that came in the package; anything that should never be run outside a pipe and will cause sevre damage to human flesh and organs has my seal of approval as almost cetainly effective.

The screwdriver nozzle I got with it has a lot of pull. Somehow I envisioned it as a 2" or 2 1/2" diameter nozzle, but this one is about 1/2". I've got an idea it will be a killer nozzle for ice, which I find ironic as it comes from Oz, where I imagine there are few frozen lines.
          This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I've never cleaned ice from a pipe. I don't understand, where is the ice coming from? In a water pipe? Sewer pipe?
            Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

In a sewer pipe; commonly gets down to -20F (-29C) at night here in winter. Lines with bellies will freeze, lines from houses with slow trickles, especially unoccupied vacation homes, will freeze. Septic tanks will freeze solid if the house is unoccupied for a while.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                In a sewer pipe; commonly gets down to -20F (-29C) at night here in winter. Lines with bellies will freeze, lines from houses with slow trickles, especially unoccupied vacation homes, will freeze. Septic tanks will freeze solid if the house is unoccupied for a while.
                Geee, Thanks for reminding me about freeze up season.
                It was 88*F here yesterday, and your post just reminded me, in 3 short months it will be time for freeze ups.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Any one bought or used this nozzel yet? Looks super. I would like some feed back i may purchase one. Thanks!

Comment

i have 1 and love the cleaning power on my 18 hp jetter. not sure if the screwdriver helps for me, but the jets do a great job.

make sure you check your jetter specs and match them to the correct nozzle. also make sure you spec npt threads. or else you get bsp which is very close, but not exact.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks RICK you have everything! LOL

How does it compare to the root ranger?

What do you use is for roots, grease,......? what does it work bes on

Comment

I used my Screwdriver nozzle this week on a restaurant that had some heavy built up grease. (4 GPM @ 3500 PSI) No access from down stream so I had to go in from a rear cleanout. Worked pretty good to get down the line on the first pass. It tended to want to rise up a couple of vents going forward. I watched on camera and it looked like the front screwdriver edge caught on the fitting and next thing I knew I'm jetting up the vents. Then I worked it slow coming back out. I think it has 6 or 8 reverse jets so the pulling power is pretty strong. Good thing too cuz this job had like 8 or 9 45 degree offsets before it hit the main in the sidewalk. Decent job of descaling the walls without having to flip the hose over a bunch of times. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to that. After a few passes I ended up putting in my home made Ghetto Root Ranger to hit a few hard spots the Screwdriver missed.

BTW don't ever run out of gas with the Root Ranger way down the line. She ain't coming back til you get it running again

Comment

the screwdriver nozzle is no root ranger.

the scredriver has real good pull and 6 jet coverage. great for grease, mud, area drains. not near as agressive as the root ranger. but it's a very good general purpose nozzle.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Do i have to order them from BILL?

Any one else carry them?

Comment

the root ranger is available from ridgid in the 1/4'' model. jetted for 3000 psi @ 4gpm. this also has the standard 1/4'' npt thread.

if you need something larger, then bill is the man. make sure to spec npt threads.

the screwdriver nozzle is also a bill thing. once again npt.

i use them both, but the rootranger is the real unique nozzle. the screwdriver nozzle is nothing so special that an ordinary nozzle can't do.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X