X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

We are toying with the idea of releasing a new nozzle called the Screwdriver. The tip of the nozzle is shaped like a screwdriver with a front jet built into the screwdriver blade. The blade will be able to cut and loosen a difficult blockage when the hose is twisted left to right while the front jet washes out the roots/dirt/grease opening the choke. The 6 rear jets will thrust the nozzle into the blockage. The shoulder behind the blade also acts as a cutting tool virtually drilling into the blockage.

Interested in your feedback before we start.

Bill
    Mustang Nozzles
    The Jetters Edge
    Attached Files
    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
    Albert Einstein

Re: New 'Screwdriver' nozzle

What would it take to have a machinist make a few up then you would be able to demo them out.Then get realtime feedback instead of a bunch of lippy opinionated plumbers.

Looks good.
    Last edited by drtyhands; 06-23-2009, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I like it also

What size hose, PSI and GPM's can it be used with it?

Comment

Good idea. We will make 20 and hand them round.
        Our biggest sellers are 1/4" here in Australia but plumbers are now bringing in large USJ 4018 trailers and the demand for 1/2" nozzles is increasing.

We will normally make each nozzle in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2".
        1/4" 4-6gpm 2-4000psi - 3/8" 7-9gpm 2-4000psi - 1/2" 14-18gpm 2-4000psi

What size hose are the majority of plumbers in the US using?
        Last edited by bill2601; 06-23-2009, 05:56 PM.
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I am using an older trailer jetter that runs 1/2" hose 1700 PSI @ 18 GPM The warthog nozzle works really well with this unit. I also use a cart jetter for the lower flow situations. 3000PSI @ 5 GPM with 3/8" hose.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Great!

Put me down for a 1/4" 3500psi/4 gpm model

I have a few sewers I'd like to put the 'Screws' to

I'm not lippy or opinionated

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              Great!

Put me down for a 1/4" 3500psi/4 gpm model

I have a few sewers I'd like to put the 'Screws' to

I'm not lippy or opinionated
              No..No your not.
              You very thoughtfull and calculated Bill.
              I've always thought to myself "If Bruce Wayne had a brother....."

Comment

So you are trying to add physical breaker tip to the jetter ?

Doesn't seem like it would penetrate the blockage very much. Maybe a longer pointier tip. So if the jetter is having a tough time moving the mass it would poke through and start breaking it up from the middle.

Comment

Most nozzles are twisted or dragged back and let go in an attempt to punch through the blockage. This will hopefully allow the operator to open the choke using the force of the blade while twisting the hose as well as the front water jet.
                  If the blade is too long it may get caught on pipe joints. I will get them made over the next few weeks and post a video of it working in roots in a clear pipe.
                  Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Bill
                    Being a loyal customer with jetters edge I wouldnt mind trying one out .
                    Regards
                    Greg
                    Ballarat Drain Cleaning

Comment

Hi Greg

I will send you and a few of the guys on the forum the first ones as a sample when they are ready. Great to get some outside feedback before we go into full production.

Bill.
                      Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

bill, the tip acts like a flat chisel.

either letting it have a running start or putting the machine into pulsate mode will be the most effective.

my set ups are as follows.

3gpm 2500 psi. 1/8''

5.6 gpm 3500 psi 1/4''

11 gpm 2500 psi 3/8'' and 1/2''.

what makes this much different than the chisel tips offered by others?

please make a goog spring leader nozzle for the 1/8'' and 1/4'' hoses. not the junk that the spring is too flimsy.

the spring leader is what gets a hose around a tight bend.

do you have them?

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Hi Rick

Well, we made it today and here is a very rough video of the nozzle boring a hole through a section of timber. It worked better than I expected! We have sent a small batch off to the stainless hardeners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwP38_dQT7g

We don't have a spring leader but if you get me a drawing we will make one! The chisel tip nozzles I have seen have not been flat across the nose. The flat nose creates pressure on each corner so, as the hose is twisted the blade's sharp 90 degree edges do the cutting followed by the sharp edges on the shoulder of the nose. What do you think?
                          Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                            Hi Rick

Well, we made it today and here is a very rough video of the nozzle boring a hole through a section of timber. It worked better than I expected! We have sent a small batch off to the stainless hardeners.

We don't have a spring leader but if you get me a drawing we will make one! The chisel tip nozzles I have seen have not been flat across the nose. The flat nose creates pressure on each corner so, as the hose is twisted the blade's sharp 90 degree edges do the cutting followed by the sharp edges on the shoulder of the nose. What do you think?
                            Very impressive nozzle. I will be waiting for when you market these. I defiantly want one for my arsenal of nozzles.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

honestly bill, i watched the video and didn't see a closeup of the tip. it appeared that the forward nozzle did all the cutting.

i would think that this nozzle is desigend for hard encrusted stoppages. such as cement. i would also think that pulsation would give the nozzle the hammering action to take advantage of the flat hardened tip.

can you show a better picture of the nozzle in action on hard material.

i'll forward you some photos of a spring nozzle.

thanks,

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X