Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

ps. for all you drum guys, please post photos of your drum on a pitched roof through a 2'' -4'' vent pipe cleaning a main line stoppage.

you all have seen plenty of mine. lets see yours
    Next roof job I do I sure will. I have had my 1065 on many pitched roofs.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Forget that roof crap! Don't you people have cleanouts in california? What about removing the toilet and going through the closet flange? You can even charge extra for it!

Theres no need to risk injury or worse by carrying your stuff up on someone's roof. At least here in Minnesota that would almost be suicide. Every year hundreds of people fall from roofs and are killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Ooter View Post
        Forget that roof crap! Don't you people have cleanouts in california? What about removing the toilet and going through the closet flange? You can even charge extra for it!

Theres no need to risk injury or worse by carrying your stuff up on someone's roof. At least here in Minnesota that would almost be suicide. Every year hundreds of people fall from roofs and are killed.
        with the right machine/ k-60 it's a breeze.

lets see. a carpeted bathroom that's full of waste or a 1 story roof with the right machine

plenty of people die from driving to work.

may i suggest you stay home and off the roof.

it's no job for an apprentice

tell the roofer to stay off the roof. tell the plumber to stay out of the ditch.

we all do what we feel comfortable with and there are risk in everything we do. experience and common sense are always a plus. not every stoppage is a roof job. but the 5% i do are 99% easier and faster than from indoors within a bathroom.

remember we have sun, no snow and roofs tend to be 4/12 or less.

safe and simple with the right tools and experience

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I wanted to post this from the Ridgid operators manual last night, but their site was going all wonky on me.
          11. To retrieve cable from drain line, the following procedure
          should be followed:
          • Leave FOR/OFF/REV switch in FOR (forward) position.
          • Push down on clutch handle to engage cable.
          With mitted hand pull cable out of line (if possible)
          or hold cable against edge of inlet to thread the
          cable out until loop forms in front of the machine.

NOTE! By holding the cable against the edge of the inlet,
          the rotation will rapidly “thread” the cable out of the
          line.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            ps. for all you drum guys, please post photos of your drum on a pitched roof through a 2'' -4'' vent pipe cleaning a main line stoppage.

you all have seen plenty of mine. lets see yours
            you`ve seen plenty of mine And I can set-up faster then you can get all that crap up on a roof.
            Why work on a roof? I see no reason to take a chance of falling and not being able to support my family I`m not a ROOFER
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
              you`ve seen plenty of mine And I can set-up faster then you can get all that crap up on a roof.
              Why work on a roof? I see no reason to take a chance of falling and not being able to support my family I`m not a ROOFER
              we can debate it all you want. what you forget is i've done it the same way as you with the same equipment until i discovered the k-60.

so since i've done it both ways for more than 30 years drum and 3-4 years k-60. the k-60 is faster and much more efficient.

explain how you don't go on a roof when the vent is not on the edge of the house? how much extra cable you need to go up and across?
              how much power is lost going up and around? you don't go up there with your drum because you cant. yet you go up there to assemble your erector set of pipes, feed cable, install cutter and go back up to take it all apart again

i now you don't think so, but then again you don't own one to know any better. you might want to ask some of you drum buddies who also own a k-60 what they prefer for roof top work. you'll be surprised

and i thought the wind carried you away

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I think roof top cleaning is the best no mess

Comment

Rick I have $1000.00 if you want to come here and try to prove me wrong.
                  You win... I give you $1000.00
                  I win... you dont have to pay anything, you just have to nut up and say you lost....rotflmao
                  We know thats never gonna happen, you`ll have some reason to not take the bet I`m sure.
                  Do I need to bring back my song?????

And as far as the wind, as much as I love chasing torandos I do have to stop once in a while to try and poke at ya a little and the tornado season is slow right now
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 06-24-2009, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Here we go again with another spend thousands of dollars to prove something over a thousand dollar bet. You don't make money by spending five thousand (or more) to win a thousand dollar bet. Since you will both be in Ohio in three months you should meet there with your equipment and find a place outside of the Roundup to compete.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

How are we supposed to clear roof drains without going on the roof? I was 150 off the ground 2 weeks ago. Today I was only about 30 foot off the ground.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
                        How are we supposed to clear roof drains without going on the roof? I was 150 off the ground 2 weeks ago. Today I was only about 30 foot off the ground.

Permission to use that image?

Dat's a good-un
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

No problem, Duck.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Here we go again with another spend thousands of dollars to prove something over a thousand dollar bet. You don't make money by spending five thousand (or more) to win a thousand dollar bet. Since you will both be in Ohio in three months you should meet there with your equipment and find a place outside of the Roundup to compete.

Mark
                            tried that last year

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

aaaahhhh. i have brian do it.

Comment

Mark it`s not about the money....lol...
                                I do many costly things that do not have a payday at the end of the event.
                                Just like racing the drag boats and drag cars, it`s all about the sport of competition not about the paycheck. Chasing tornados doesn't pay very well either. We log thousands of miles just to see and video storms. why??? Because it`s fun, cool and the show and tell of your footage to others in the sport.
                                I know Rick loves competition and his pride wont let him take a loss setting down.

Now on the other hand he may have met his match with me as I spend thousands of dollars every year traveling in the spirit of competition.
                                There are millions of people just like me that spend countless dollars having fun with little or no returns on funding.
                                Yes, many people spend more then they will be paid to have fun and they do it all because of their love for competition or their love in what ever they are doing.
                                If it would cost Rick $5000.00 just to come to Kansas I`d hate to see what the Roundup cost em.
                                Good God man, are you kidding me??? I can make the round trip to LA for less then $1,000.
                                I take long trips all the time. 3 weeks ago we went to WY, NE, IA, MO and back to Kansas then back to MO all in 3 days of tornado chasing.
                                WHY you may ask? Because I don't count dollars when having fun

The key is to have "FUN" Mark, something many people have forgotten about these days.
                                Live life because you never know when your numbers up

Comment

Working...
                                X