Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

    I was wondering if there was an easier way to pull the cable out. When I have done main line stoppages from a roof vent. I ask the customer to run water in the bath tub after I have cleared the stoppage to clean the line and my cable than I pull it out of the drain. If the cable is difficult to pull out I run my K60 and pull out a little at a time. Sometime it hard on the back. I bought an Electric Eel on E-bay I am hoping that this unscrews the cable out of the drain. David

  • #2
    Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

    push in - pull out

    kinda like the karate kid

    steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

      While spinning the cable in the forward direction push the cable on the edge of the pipe/cleanout and it will "screw" it self out of the drain.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

        thats to much work! I`d just leave it in there for next time.
        Get a drum machine and let it do all the work for ya
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

          Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          thats to much work! I`d just leave it in there for next time.
          Get a drum machine and let it do all the work for ya
          He chases tornados you do the math lol
          Seattle Drain Service

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

            Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            While spinning the cable in the forward direction push the cable on the edge of the pipe/cleanout and it will "screw" it self out of the drain.

            That depends on the direction of the wind on the cable.
            With my cable pushing on the edge of the cleanout/pipe forces the cable in.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

              Originally posted by rooterboy View Post
              I was wondering if there was an easier way to pull the cable out. When I have done main line stoppages from a roof vent. I ask the customer to run water in the bath tub after I have cleared the stoppage to clean the line and my cable than I pull it out of the drain. If the cable is difficult to pull out I run my K60 and pull out a little at a time. Sometime it hard on the back. I bought an Electric Eel on E-bay I am hoping that this unscrews the cable out of the drain. David
              Are you serious??? Ever hear of the reverse button? The cables comes out easily and quickly.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                That depends on the direction of the wind on the cable.
                With my cable pushing on the edge of the cleanout/pipe forces the cable in.

                Well if your cable is wound different than the Ridgid cable, then run it on reverse, and push it on the edge of the pipe, it will screw itself out.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                  Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
                  Are you serious??? Ever hear of the reverse button? The cables comes out easily and quickly.

                  I use the reverse button to get me out of a blockage.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                    Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    Well if your cable is wound different than the Ridgid cable, then run it on reverse, and push it on the edge of the pipe, it will screw itself out.
                    Thanks next time I will try this method.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                      You should be running the K-60 in forward whether putting it in or pulling it out. I seldom try to pull the cable out all at once - I pull it the same way I put it in - by raising up on the cable while the handle is down, the releasing the handle while letting it slide through the machine. It takes a little more oomph from a roof vent and you might have to just manually pull it while the machine isn't running to get it lifted up.

                      Reverse is just to unstick it, and Ridgid's instructions say to use it sparingly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                        So you got a k60-7/8 cable and want to use it with an electric eel-1 1/4 cable? Hope you got a J conector
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                          When I rod with my K-500, K-1500, and even my old school K-60 , on long runs I feed the cable in on reverse, since it does self feed itself nicely. Then when I retrieve the cable I run it on forward holding it on the edge of the pipe/ clean out so it can self feed out of the line. Sectional machines do not make a huge difference which direction you run them in compared to a drum machine.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                            reverse actually pulls the cable in on the c-10 k-60 cable.

                            but honestly i have never had an issue running my reverse auger in reverse to clear stoppages.

                            it's actually the secret weapon i talk about.

                            run the cable as need to free it up and pull as it frees up. it might need to be powered all the way or just a few sections.

                            weight, gravity and fittings dictate what kind of resistance you have.

                            rick.

                            ps. for all you drum guys, please post photos of your drum on a pitched roof through a 2'' -4'' vent pipe cleaning a main line stoppage.

                            you all have seen plenty of mine. lets see yours
                            phoebe it is

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How do you pull the cable out on a sectional machine ?

                              Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              reverse actually pulls the cable in on the c-10 k-60 cable.
                              Your saying it pulls it in as into the pipe? If so that is what I been saying, Reverse feeds cable into the pipe forward pulls it out.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X