X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminology....

i never liked a single barrel/ riser 2 way c/o. when the line is plugged downstream, you have no visual to even know it's a 2 way.

i prefer the twin riser 2 way c/o. either a "texas twin" or just 2 combys facing each other.

but there is another option that i find handy.

a san tee on its back this pretty much guarantees the snake to go downstream as it still has a small sweep. but it also allows you to go upstream with a little coaching

sure it's not an approved application for a san tee. but it's sure a lot better than a single barrel 2 way that's plugged up and you don't know it's a 2 way.
    I'm familier with a two way cleanout (I think what you are calling a san tee) and a one way cleanout (which is what the picture in Ricks thread about jetting through a comby backward looks like to me). The other terms I'm not used to. Any pictures to go along with the Texas Twin, single barrel (sounds like a bottle of Jack Daniels!) or comby names?

I can use all the edjumucation I can get.

Thanks,

Trent
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Terminology....

http://www.lascofittings.com/Product...DF/dwv.xls.pdf

Have fun, this should answer all your questions. A "comby" is abbreviated for a "wye 1/8 bend combination".
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

99% of the clean outs I rod from are San Tees on their back. I never had a problem with directing the cable the way i want it to go. Now I also have seen many wye combo used as clean outs, which I find very annoying when the blockage is before the clean out.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Thanks! I guess what I'm used to seeing as a two way cleanout is a double quarter bend. They work good as long as it's not too deep to tell which way your cable or jetter hose is going in a pipe full o' poo. That comby looks like a pain in the *** if you need to go against it's direction. What I think of as a one way cleanout is more friendly than that.

Comment

There's actually a 2 way clean out on the last page in the left columm.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yep that's it. I guess I missed it.

Comment

First picture is of a wye combo.. .hate them all that put them in as outside clean outs should be beaten. Second picture is a proper clean out With shielded no shear couplings. Third pic is of the "two way clean out tee" waste of money in my eyes, as I said a San tee works fine and it is easy to make the rod go either way.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. The comby is what I've seen here too. Now I know what you are talking about! It's a ***** when you need to go upstream. The only issue with the second pic (besides the whole hole safety issue that we need not go into in this thread) is directing the cable or hose downstream in such a deep cleanout when it's full o' poo. I've used a shovel handle or a stick to block the up stream hole but even that's a pain in the ***.

I'm still curious about the "Texas Twins". I'm a little afraid to Google it for fear of the pictures that might turn up!

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  First picture is of a wye combo.. .hate them all that put them in as outside clean outs should be beaten. Second picture is a proper clean out With shielded no shear couplings. Third pic is of the "two way clean out tee" waste of money in my eyes, as I said a San tee works fine and it is easy to make the rod go either way.
                  You would fail inspection out here Ratz.I think sant's are legal somewhere.

Comment

Only time a SanTee on its back is legal here in Illinois is under a triple basin sink draining into an indirect drain and to be used in 6" outside clean-outs.

Comment

Here you go a twin clean out. The set up in the first picture is the proper way the second is the wrong way to plumb it in. As for hole safety around here it is super hard packed clay. They require us to have shoring if the hole goes over 5 feet deep.
                      Attached Files

Comment

good call ron.

the texas twin is a no hub fitting that is slightly longer than a no hub comby and does the same identical thing as rons double combys facing each other.

this is great if you have the room and can use plastic.

if not you need the real texas twin.

i'll try to find a pdf picture of one. i know i posted before so i'll search for it.

ps. i too think a san tee should be legal for a a c/o only on its back.

it will direct the cable the correct direction in the blind full of poo and if needed you can go backwards.

remember if the line is full you go downstream, if it's empty you go upstream just better know how far is safe upstream. that's where i mark them when i camera them to be safe.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Here you go took some searching for a pic of the fitting. Second picture is of an older style two way clean out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I've seen the double comby's facing each other. I've recomended them a time or two as well. I like the Texas Twin. That's a neat fitting if you could find one.

Thanks for the pictures and help fellas! Much appreciated.

Comment

here is the link to the texas twin i use in no hub.

last time i priced them they were around $45 each.

only a 12'' space allows for a 2 riser c/o.

http://www.abifoundry.com/catalog_pr...win%20Cleanout

rick.

just looked up the list price $105.70
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-24-2009, 02:07 AM.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X