X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you Camera after every jet job ??

Do you guys who run Jets, run a camera after each job to check for roots ? I just bought a new jetter 8.5 gpm at 3600 psi with a warthog for 3/8 hose, and ive heard nothing but great about the warthog, but unless you camera while jetting how do you know you got all the roots ?
    ________
    cheap easy vape vaporizer
    Last edited by rhinorooter; 01-26-2011, 11:41 AM.

Re: Do you Camera after every jet job ??

we charge extra for camera work, we will certainly camera it if the customer requests it, but in the end it's their money.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

i camera virtually every cleaning job at the same rate as the clean. it gives me and the customer complete peace of mind and shows any specific issues and flaws. if i charged extra to bring the camera out it would sit in the van as a near virgin

now a specific locate/video is a different animal and has a separate charge

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

if i need total root removal for a liner, then i do jet and camera as it's required.

if all i'm doing is jetting. then i don't camera as the camera is not free and i'm not giving it away.

if they need it, i recommend it. if they don't need it, i don't recommend it.

i'm straight forward and treat every job as if it's my home or a friends home. never like to spend others money, even though most of my customers have it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

So rick, do you warranty sewer laterals after jetting and not cameraing (Not sure if thats a word ) I know every body says the warthog is the best out there and I dont question that but if you run past a ball of roots and dont cut them out and the line backs up 3 months down the road what do you tell your customer ?

Comment

Originally posted by rhinorooter View Post
            So rick, do you warranty sewer laterals after jetting and not cameraing (Not sure if thats a word ) I know every body says the warthog is the best out there and I dont question that but if you run past a ball of roots and dont cut them out and the line backs up 3 months down the road what do you tell your customer ?

Do you warranty a sewer main with roots ? I do not waranty them. I waranty drains for 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by rooterboy View Post
              Do you warranty a sewer main with roots ? I do not waranty them. I waranty drains for 30 days.
              i always back up my work.

it's an unwritten warranty that i give and no one has to worry about a charge if i feel it should have lasted longer. i work with them to make it good for both them and me.

sure with a camera, you see what you're up against. but also feel and track record is a good feel too.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

We always use the camera. We don't give it away though, it's included in the price. We warranty everything we clear and feel that using the camera is best for both the tech and the customer.

How many times have you televised the main sewer and found broken pipe that should be repaired or replaced?

The camera also helps give peace of mind for everyone involved. The tech knows it's open. The homeowner knows it's open which is important because they may have had the competition out before and they said it was open when it wasn't...

It also helps because you can show the customer that it's open. That way if it backs up when you go back you and the customer know that something else is going on, such as the city main backing up or it being a different problem or maybe a sock was mysteriously teleported by aliens to the sewer and is causing a blockage.

Also, you can use it as a tool to sell more stuff and spread the word about your methods. You can point out how the drain was full of sludge or whatever and now it's like a brand new pipe.

Comment

General rule of thumb if they have had problems previously with drain we give them the camera option.

Comment

Typically we don't use the jetter to clear stoppages. Mostly just to remove scale, sludge and grease. You need the camera in there to be sure you are doing what the customer is paying you to do. I'll let them peek over my shoulder on my final pass but if they want a hard copy then they have to pay for it.

Comment

I said this before I`ve been clearing sewers for more years than I like to think of and I don`t think I have cleared one properly until I brought my seesnake camera as I don`t have Xray vision and you don`t either so you are all just guessing that you have done it properly

Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X