popped roof drain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popped roof drain

This was today. About 6" of water on the roof. When it let go, the suction was so loud and pitched just right, it hurt my ears.
    Attached Files

Re: popped roof drain

I love it when the open right up.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

31st and Harlem. Right across from Little Village High School.

Comment

i saw the same thing at a job years ago, but the water never made it out the curb

went from rooftop lake to indoor swimming pool

line was full of roofing rocks and the snake jarred the no hub loose.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

This is in Chicago, so it's all xh lead and oakum. My apprentice jokingly asked me if the water was going down the drain or thru the ceiling. I told him, "if Charlie (the plant manager) comes up on the roof with a club and beats us to death, that's your answer."
          I rodded thru a urinal drain last year. Pow, it started flowing. I was all happy with myself. The shift advisor came and got me, telling me I might have a problem. We go to the next lowest elevation and water is pouring all over machinery. RuhRoh. luckily, one of the units at this power plant is mothballed, so the machinery was abandoned. They used a cast iron tapped tee on it's back for the urinal. They had been using chemicals on it for years when it was running slow, never bothering to pull the urinal and clean the piss sugar out of it. It turned into a pretty nice job, though. I had to cut out some old cast iron and replace and repipe three urinals.

Comment

Working...
          X