Painting or plumbing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Painting or plumbing?

diyer. lots of people on here complain about diyers. wonder what the painters think? or is this just a one way street? not sayin nothin now, just askin, just askin. lol. breid

Comment

Re: Painting or plumbing?

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      Not a lot of folks would have seen the tell tale signs of that lost C.O.
      Unfortunately you're right. But for any expert drain cleaner, this is standard M.O. These are the kinds of things one should be keeping an eye out for on every job regardless of what drain is being cleaned.
      So in that regard, this job was nothing out of the norm.

I've been getting calls that for one reason or another, the original "plumber" couldn't clean the drain but wanted to sell a new sewer. This is nothing new, but there's been a definite uptick lately. Seems a lot of guys that are currently in the plumbing business or were at one time, I'm guessing due to the economy, are getting into drain cleaning. I'm getting more and more job inquiries from machinists to pipe fitters to regular plumbers to handyman types. Problem is, none of em know how to clean drains (at least not to my standards).
      Oh they claim they do. But after a few minutes of interrogation, I find out all I need to know. I really don't care if someone has spun pipe wrenches for 20 odd years. If you don't know what to look, listen and feel for, you don't have the skills needed to do this work and you need to go get some real world training and experience. Point being, rick could have sold the farm to the customer on this job but instead did what an experienced professional should have done.

Comment

Working...
      X