Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a jetter scour roof tar and stones?

I just opened 6 roof drains with the K-500. I was actually able to open the c/o on one of the lines and look into it. There is about 1/2" to 1" of build up on the walls of the pipe at the bend. Would a jetter be able to scour the tar off?

Re: will a jetter scour roof tar and stones?

debatable; depends on the jetter and nozzle.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Re: will a jetter scour roof tar and stones?

depending on if the tar was hot liquid and stuck.

i would think you would have better luck with the jet getting under the tar than trying o blast through it.

the advantage of a root ranger is that it focuses all the power to a single jet and has a 0 degree impact blasting in a 25 degree pattern. if anything can get under it this will. i know the nozzle is identical to what use for a forward cleaning nozzle and it will cut a 2x4 in half in seconds.

the rocks should blast off and expose the tar. a cold over pour will be easier than a hot pour that's bonded.

the nozzle can be removed from the front head and used as a straight forward nozzle. a pressure washer wand is the safe way to do it.

or a heavy hydraulic hose with a stiffener to keep it from turning back.

i guess trying to take it apart is not feasible

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X