Aloha from a new member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha from a new member

I just discovered this forum a week ago and have since spent nearly all of my free time reading past posts. I've been a plumber a forever but have primarily been in new construction. I have for a long time intended to get into the drain cleaning buisness and finally I am going to get off my butt and do it. Presently I have a old Gorlitz 60, a K1750 jetter, See Snake and a Gen-Eye that I use to clear blockages and diagnose blockages that occasionaly (too occasionaly) occur on our jobs, but I'm not at all set up to offer a profesional service. I am purchasing a 4000 psi cart jetter with all the bells and whistles, including warthog nozzel (a week ago I thought a warthog was a wild pig), and a Micro Drain See Snake. I know I need at least one better cable machine and if I get just one it seems like your pretty unnanimous for the K-60, but I would really appreciate any input. Thank you for so freely sharing your expierence I know you paid dearly for it.

Scott

Re: Aloha from a new member

Hi

do you mean go68?

if yes, you already have all you need for most main line blockages up to 150 feet.

Comment

Way to go bruh,
      I think plumbers who clean drains have an advantage over drain cleaners only.

Comment

Welcome. It is standard for all new members of the Forum to have longterm members over as guests for a week's visit.

End of July good for you?

J.C.

Comment

Yes thats what I have and it has worked well on all kinds of construction trash, everything but concrete. Is there anything that works on concrete? If there is I almost dont want to know; on the assumption there was no other way I've busted the floor and made a terrible mess in more than a couple new homes.

Scott

Comment

J.C.

I certainly want to abide to the rules so end of July is fine, but like I always tell my mainland family and friends; it's a great place to live but I wouldnt want to visit here.

Scott

Comment

No experience here, but I think some jetters will produce enough PSI to cut & breakdown concrete in a line. Here's a link that discusses it at the end. They say you need a MONSTER jetter.

But some here may have had success with smaller systems. Keep checking back.

http://www.sewernozzles.com/pdf/4keys.pdf

J.C.
              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 07-02-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Welcome.

Concrete usually means the 3/4 cable and a long hard day for me. If it is just in a p-trap I've had luck filling it with muriatic and let sit over night before snaking to soften it up.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks, I have never used a 3/4 cable but I have used muratic acid. It did soften the concrete enough that I was able to break it out of a closet bend; but heres a tip that most of you with at least average intelligence (automaticly excludes me) proably already know. NEVER pour the acid, then let it sit overnight, in a closed up bathroom with gold plated faucets, toilet paper holder and towel bars. That was one of my more expensive lessons! Typical fussy millionaire, all upset over a couple hundred pits.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X