advice on equipment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: advice on equipment

I just had to post this here, 31 lt/min @ 4000psi and Warthog; turned a root blockage into straw like fibre from a 90mm PVC stormwater drain

Last edited by Root Ranger; 07-21-2009, 06:01 AM.

Comment

thanks root ranger. Is the warthog your preference ( like the photo) or the ranger?
      Thanks for the pics.

Comment

RR,

Now that you got your hands on a warthog, which do you prefer? Nice job on those roots.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          The entire ridgid auger speaks of poor quality. Pick up a general and a ridgid side by side and the general is heavier and feels more robust. The general cable appears to be stronger. The handles on the general are bigger making them easier to grip. Extending the cable is easier on the general.

It feels that ridgid was targetting the DIY market when they designed this auger. Because it's sold at HD has no influence on that opinon.

The Ridgid Toilet auger is: JUNK!
          Sorry Ridgid you build some nice stuff but not toilet augers
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            RR,

Now that you got your hands on a warthog, which do you prefer? Nice job on those roots.

the Warthog is a slower tool than the RR but its easier to use, I don`t have to twist the hose much to make it work. Now I like them both, but for a quick job , I go the RR, also depending on the drain size. If its big like 6" then the Warthog will go into battle 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
              Ace.

I dont have the flow to push the rootranger enough so will be stepping up to a skid mounted 30lpm @ 3/4k psi unit on the truck.
              Do you think i stick with the rootranger with 30lpm and 1/4"hose for 4" roots?
              Thanks for the help. oz

ps: I know all this will have already been discussed in past threads but too lazy to look through. Cheers
              When you upgrade to 30 lpm make sure you use 3/8" hose or you will loose the full potential of the flow and pressure combination. You can buy a large Root Ranger for bigger drains for your 3/8" hose. I would then go to a remote mini reel with 60m 1/4". This way you are supplying plenty of water to the mini reel with the 3/8" hose and you can use the standard Root Ranger on the 1/4" mini reel hose.
              Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Warthog or Root Ranger?

Here are some pictures of the Root Ranger that has actually pulled tree roots out of a drain with the hook action of the nozzle (both sizes). A benefit of the design of the nozzle where the Warthog can't pull roots back. As a boss, I don't hand the Warthog out to every plumber in our crew because of the cost of maintenance and replacement costs, but the guys who have them love them. Horses for courses!

Also a pciture of a K 1500-B eel exiting an earthenware collar! Photo taken of an early Rigid B&W monitor.

And, the 'Blade Cutter' attachment for the Root Ranger 1/4". This allows the operator to feel if there are any roots left in the drain and removes heavy deposits.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bill2601; 07-23-2009, 09:03 PM.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

glad to see that i'm not the only one that poses with the mother load

guys, feel proud to post your photos. if it was a prize fish you know you'd have the scale in the photos too.

sorry bill, i get excited to see the catch of the day

got to love that large root ranger design

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X