Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising with Coupons

Just a query
    I am looking at putting some adverts on the back of the cash register receipts in in the local super markets(giving a 10% discount).
    I know coupons are big in the states ,but in Australia they are called shopadockets has any one had any experience with them.
    As it quite expensive I wouldnt mind some feed back.
    Regards
    Greg

Re: Advertising with Coupons

Hi Greg.
    I had someone try and sell this same thing to me a few years back. Just a thought but im not sure if people looking at the back of their shopping dockets when their sewer is all over their backyard or the HWS has given up are the clients you want?
    I for one am getting sick of people looking for a discount on already market competitive prices.Very keen to see what comes of this question thanks oz

Comment

apg. have you ever bought anything off the back of register receipts? ever? me neither. if anyone on here has, please speak up. problems with discounts are that they expire or have really tight hoops to get thru. if they expire or have tight hoops, well you piss off people. they lose coupon and want discount next year. you will always be the discount plumber. they will want, their friends will want a discount. forever. if you don't give it to them. well your arguing about money and you are still on the front porch. maps are the same. if you have place mats in australia, they are the same. (place mats go under your plate in restaurants). if your whatever screws up, are you going to look thru your stuff for the receipt? me neither. besides i throw them in the trash sack in my wife's van. breid

Comment

I've never used one of those coupons. I doubt my wife has either. I rarely even look at the back of the reciept.
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

i don't see it as a good return on you investment.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I look at the back of those receipts.

I see it as a better investment on services that people regularly use like haircuts, oil changes, or similar.

For emergency services I don't see people hanging onto and searching for receipts.

Comment

My wife gives them to me for hair cuts.

Comment

The whole idea would be someone would see it, cut it out and put it on the fridge. I thought about the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie Plumber Greg View Post
                  Just a query
                  I am looking at putting some adverts on the back of the cash register receipts in in the local super markets(giving a 10% discount).
                  I know coupons are big in the states ,but in Australia they are called shopadockets has any one had any experience with them.
                  As it quite expensive I wouldnt mind some feed back.
                  Regards
                  Greg
                  I tried them ten years ago on the back of coles dockets and was a waste of money, I had coupons printed up and when I am working at a clients house and am fiinished I put them in the houses next door saying that I have just worked for their neighbour and give my a go next time they want a plumber and you would be supprised how well this form of advertising works.

Tony

Comment

Greg
                    My office manager convinced me this was the way to go so I agreed to try it. I like to do things properly so we went with 4 major outlets at a cost of $4,000 + GST. Over 3 months not one job came through from shopper dockets and we 'test and measure' every phone call that comes into our office! Bugger!
                    Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                    Albert Einstein

Comment

when will new office manager be here? breid

Comment

dan

your using them to get a cheap haircut, are you not? men don't care. i cut mine when it annoys me. if you want to have some fun tell your wife to get her hair cut where she sends you or you will go where she goes. my wife doesn't mention my hair. we disagree over what is a natural color. as far as i know hi-vis green is that only color that is not produced in nature. i love my hair. especially when it is several different natural colors. lol. breid

Comment

Re: dan

Originally posted by breid1903 View Post
                          your using them to get a cheap haircut, are you not? men don't care. i cut mine when it annoys me. if you want to have some fun tell your wife to get her hair cut where she sends you or you will go where she goes. my wife doesn't mention my hair. we disagree over what is a natural color. as far as i know hi-vis green is that only color that is not produced in nature. i love my hair. especially when it is several different natural colors. lol. breid
                          In the next few years I will never have to cut my hair again . I guess there is all ways the hair club for men

Comment

d l. i wasn't beating up on you. but you buy because it's cheap. nothing wrong with that, either. just so some plumber other than me gets the job. breid

Comment

Re: Advertising with Coupons update

My wife pulled the plug on it but by the sounds of it it wouldnt have worked to a large extent any way.
                              Thanks everyone for their replies.
                              Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X