Cable for K-39???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable for K-39???

I am very happy with my K-39 but the original 25 ft cable comes up short sometimes so I purchased a Ridgid 5/16 by 50 ft non inner core. After I picked it up, a few other plumbers mentioned that it is a crappy cable and I should just buy General Wire cables. Should I return it and get a General inner core?

Re: Cable for K-39???

tub and shower and lav drains are probably the hardest on cables. Why? Poor plumbing straight tee's, drano, hard objects(shampoo caps,army men, etc)
    It isn't just one cable but a few 25',35' different styles, bulb head,pivot etc. Flat out you need what YOU run into most on your travels. Sorry but it's a learning curve and we all have different answers based on what we encounter on small drains.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Re: Cable for K-39???

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
      I am very happy with my K-39 but the original 25 ft cable comes up short sometimes so I purchased a Ridgid 5/16 by 50 ft non inner core. After I picked it up, a few other plumbers mentioned that it is a crappy cable and I should just buy General Wire cables. Should I return it and get a General inner core?
      very simple answer. the difference between 25' and 50' is 25'

you said you're very happy with the 25' original cable but it comes up short sometimes.

so get the 50' and you'll be just as happy

absolutely nothing wrong with a ridgid cable. i too am extremely happy with the 25' original bulb head cable that came with my machine.

i don't run 50' as it gets too heavy. but i do run 35'

50' gets my 5/8'' sectional k-50 or 60

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
      X