Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Trailer Jetter

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    those are great when you have cleaouts/ manholes directly over the jetters path.

i rarely get a c/o that's somewhere i can drive to.

what i do use is a remote 4 roller guide that telescopes from the bottom of the trailer. this allows me to pull the hose off the reel in almost any direction and not hang up.

i'll post a photo in the next couple days when i get back to the shop.

rick.
    Rick this our reel setup 90% of our jobs we are unable to be over the MH or clean out. We usually end up parking at the curb and taking the hose off the side of the machine. The pivoting reel, 4 roller fair lead and the wireless remote make the job easy. Ricky
    Attached Files

Comment

Can't believe it's taken 5 months to get to this stage!

Picked up the prototype trailer jetter today ready to fit out with hoses etc.

Will post final pictures in a few weeks.

Yes, it is a bit long due to some last minute changes for the cooling fans. Next version wil have moulded plastic hood and boxes instead of powdercoated aluminium.

All controls will be at the rear so the front engine hoods will never have to be lifted except for servicing. 300 gal tank with dual drawing and low water cut out with water level sensor. Had to go with tandem trailer because of the weight.

Can't wait to run it. A client in Queensland wants it asap to take advantage of the Govt's 50% tax break incentive ending 31 Dec.

Any more suggestions/comments?
      Attached Files
      Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
      Albert Einstein

Comment

FYI.... if you're still interested, here is the latest picture of the rear end of the trailer jetter with it's back lit instrument panel. I will upload a You Tube clip next week of the finished product. Delivering to client next week. Wish I could keep it a bit longer to show it off to more Councils and Plumbers!!! Those twin 31 HP motor's really purr at 4300psi!

Bill.
        Attached Files
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

looking forward to the video clip. looks wild.

need to toss an idea by you on twin pumps. but it's too lon winded to post tonight

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

It definitely needs lights in back and a TV camera in back. Mine is hooked in to my GPS unit so I just have to push a button and it switches from GPS to the back camera to know when I get over the hole that way I don't need an extra TV screen even a mirror would help and something to hang or tie the hose guide to, that protects the hose from the pipe edge and maybe an injector on the pump but you might not need that over there every place is deferent.One thing I like is a twist or swing reel so I can work out the back or twist or swing out the reel and work side ways. The water fill hose I like is the expandable kind it gives extra water when the pump kicks in and absorbs the shock when the pump kicks off. But then this is adding expense and kind of defeating your purpose but it would make for good add on's if someone wants them but lights are almost a must for day or night work.

Comment

Auto electrician is installing 2 x led work lights now. Thanks for the tips! I like the reversing camera idea!
              Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

why are the ball valves going bad? I have a three way ball valve that has an electric piston on it that turns my water on and off to the reel. The valve switches between feeding the reel or going back into the tank. You can use the electric piston with a wireless remote or put a handle on it. If you put a handle on the ball valve it is always easy to open and close because it never has time to build up pressure in the closed position. I have had my ball vavle about 2 years now.

Comment

Does it take 62 H.P. to give you 16 gpm at 4300 psi?

Where's that formula Rick?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
                    We have started on the design of a totally new trailer jetter and would appreciate your feedback as we are new to large jetters for domestic work.

We are targeting plumbers in Australia who have used 5000psi 5.5gpm portable jetters that want to be able to clear bigger drains but don't want to pay for the large diesel jetters.

We have determined that by coupling 2 petrol x 31HP 8gpm 4300psi pump motor groups we achieve 16gpm at 4300psi through a 1/2" hose, more then enough power to run a large root cutter, or with a single engine running you can clear all general smaller drains through a 3/8", 1/4" and 3/16" hose.

Water tank 300 Gal
                    2 x electric reels - 150m 1/2" Jet Hose - 150m 3/4" Garden Feed Hose
                    2 way remote control for engine and reel control
                    2 work lights
                    saftey strobe light
                    trundle draw for shovels/brooms
                    tool box for camera and hand tools
                    Remote Mini Reel

What other equipment would you recommend...
                    1/2" hose and 3/8" hose? Or just 1/2"...
                    Accessories?..

Below is a picture of an early, very basic prototype we tested....
                    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Does it take 62 H.P. to give you 16 gpm at 4300 psi?

Where's that formula Rick?

J.C.
                    bill is right on the money.

16 gpm x 4300 psi = 68,800

68,800/ 1100 = 62.545454 h.p.

any other questions

of coure if it was a diesel engine, he could push the 1100 up to 1715 as some diesels will handle that.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

bill is right on the money.

16 gpm x 4300 psi = 68,800

68,800/ 1100 = 62.545454 h.p.

any other questions

of coure if it was a diesel engine, he could push the 1100 up to 1715 as some diesels will handle that.

rick.
                      No. Just knew you would know the formula faster than my Googling could find it.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Here are the final pictures of the Multi Combination Trailer Jetter we made for a client in the Northern Territory. Left on a truck yesterday! Finally
                        Attached Files
                        Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

Great looking rig. What are the specs?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

very nice bill

what features does the handheld remote do?

is that a solar charger panel on the top surface?

are you going to be selling them as a stock item or build as an order comes in?

do you need a west coast rep

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

2 x 31HP 31 LPM Jetters

We fit solar panel battery chargers to all our trailers
                              Remote will turn on and off each engine, reel in each hose reel and isolate the water at the main hose from both pumps via a solenoid lever on a ball valve. Expensive unit but it will shut the unit down if out of range. Comes with batteries and battery charger.

My research tells me that contractors are not willing to spend $80k for this type of trailer jetter. The next version will have less gadjets and exposed motors to cut down on the aluminium build costs.

The large dump valve under the 300gal water tank was a great idea from someone on the forum. It dumps that tank quick smart!
                              Regards, Bill

Albert Einstein

Comment

a couple more thoughts

another idea is a large 2''/ 50mm or larger tank drain with a quick connect so we can flush out lines with our tank when we need to dump lots of water.

right now i have a 1.25'' drain and i wish i had a larger faster drain for flushing lines when i finish my tank is also 300 gallons.

rick.
                                Thanks for your ideas Rick!

I like the idea of high volume dump. You could even fit a 3" valve and a short flexible hose so you can direct the water into the drain you have just cleared to test it.

The large dump valve under the 300gal water tank was a great idea from someone on the forum. It dumps that tank quick smart!
                                don't worry bill, i get dumped on all the time

so now back to getting a unit out here so i can sell it for you

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X