Spartan autofeed question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan autofeed question

Looking to buy a Spartan autofeed in the the distant future. I've noticed that duracable, gorlitz, mytana and spartan all use similar looking autofeeds except for color. Are autofeeds from the other companies compatible with the spartan?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Spartan autofeed question

autofeeds basically all do the same thing.

it's the mounting bracket that is the key to sucess. if it don't fit or line up, it won't feed properly.

ben, why

don't you have better things to spend your money on

we need to talk

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Looking to buy a Spartan autofeed in the the distant future. I've noticed that duracable, gorlitz, mytana and spartan all use similar looking autofeeds except for color. Are autofeeds from the other companies compatible with the spartan?
      Spartan lost the patent on its autofeed, so there are going to many copies out there. Key is having the right mounting bracket for your machine the feeds themselves are the same. Oh if you want to save a few bucks, Alan J Coleman usually has good used feeds in stock. He ships right away too.
      Last edited by SewerRatz; 07-26-2009, 11:27 AM. Reason: Add the bit bought used feeds
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I was worried that the mounting bracket, for instance, on a gorlitz wouldn't line up on spartan and the cable would be excessively worn. So how do I know the mounting bracket is correct without actually seeing it?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Alan J Coleman usually has good used feeds in stock. He ships right away too.
          I should talk to Marvin?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'd like to have one for my General! That auto feed is a POS!
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I wouldn't own a drum machine without an auto-feed. Been there done that and won't go back.

Something about watching a machine make me money while I devour twinkies has me thinking I'm special.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

First machine I used was an old Burton. I got myself wrapped up in that sucker a few times. Ripped the glove right off my hand once or twice. I won't do without the auto feed either.

There's no way you'd catch me eating twinkies while on the job.
                Zingers are better!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  I should talk to Marvin?
                  Marv, or Shan. I do recall when I was at the Pumper and Cleaner show Duracable and Grolitz will ask you what machine its for and give you the correct mounting bracket. But you can save some real $$$ getting a good used one from Marv.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

My Spartan auto feed smokes my General, reverse used to be slow on the General even with all new parts and new cable, the spartan I have now feeds out and in fast! I gave the general to my worker he needs to work out anyway.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                      There's no way you'd catch me eating twinkies while on the job.
                      Zingers are better!
                      Without a doubt.

Far as retrievers are concerned yeah, the bracket is the key. But, Gorlitz can be slightly off-center and still pull fine. Doesn't have to be EXACT, just close. Another thing to consider is parts and rebuild-ability. As far longevity, definitely a Gorlitz. But even they can be beaten down. New guys, unfamiliar with retrievers and how they work have a tendency to over crank the tension knob thereby killing the bearings prematurely.

Comment

For some reason it is really hard to find zingers in my state...otherwise I'd be eating those like crazy.

Those red twinkies are freaking awesome though, they have a special name and I can eat a whole box of them at one setting. Awb gob gob gob .....

Comment

I believe this is the item in question. They are ridiculously tasty. Haven't had any in few months. Looks like I'm making a run to the store right now.

Comment

These are the best!

Someone makes a red velvet cake that is like a twinkie that my wife and kid love. It's not hostess.

Comment

Dammit! Stop!

My blood sugar is like 489 just looking at the wholesome goodness, the things I hold dear to me, to hell with siblings and family members.

Comment

Working...
                              X