X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DURACABLE Review

Placed an order friday morning with duracable that included an 8' pickup tool and some blades, nothing too crazy. Got a call today that said they can't ship the 8' pickup tool by UPS and asked if I would accept the 7'. I asked why can't they ship by fedex or some other way? "That's not our policy" was the reply. I then asked what the total out the door price is and they couldn't answer because they don't know what the shipping charge is.

WTF???? I make alot of online transactions and I always know what myt order is beforehand. On top of that, the person placing my order sounded extremely short(her personality, not height) and impatient. If I'm paying you money for a product you advertise, I expect some customer service, not a$$ kissing, but some customer service. I will definently 100% never place an order with Duracable again.

For those that wonder why I went with duracable instead of DCD, it was because duracable has bronze blade holder while DCD only has brass. BTW, Here's the best part, when I called the number back that they called me at, I got this message "Thank you for calling the Roto Rooter corporation".
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: DURACABLE Review

Never had a problem with them or shipping.
    But what I did not like was I ordered one of those blade holders too and some blades. They charge you the cost of the parts and $200.00 hold for shipping. Wish they would have said something about this because funds were low. My heavy bill month and not much for calls. I'm not rich Luckily nothing bounced. I like DCD very good company. But sometimes I need to order from duracable for things DCD does not have.

I don't understand why they could not ship your 8' grabber
    Got the same thing "we don't know what the shipping costs will be"
    Last edited by UnClogNH; 07-27-2009, 11:47 AM.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

They said it was too long and they'd have to ship it commercial. It weighs roughly 5 lbs and would cost me 100 to get it here.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

$100 to ship What a crock of Every Fedex UPS truck looks atleast 16 feet of longer.
        Rod

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Thats a Roto Rooter Corp for ya. They seen you bad mouthing them and now want to return the favor.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I don't think any drainperson or plumber that works with drains should purchase anything from DuraCable.

Why would you purchase things from a company directly in competition with you on the service end?
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-17-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I had no idea they were afiliated with Roto Rooter. I'll not buy from them!
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

That's one thing I love about this forum, it gives us power in numbers so to speak.
                You screw with one of us, you screw with all of us.

Thanks for the heads up Ben, now I know not to spend my money with Duracable/Roto-Rooter. Had I known they were affiliated with Roto-Rooter, I never would have considered them in the first place. Shady F#$kers.

On the flip side, I would not hesitate to do business with A.J. Coleman for a minute as I've heard nothing but good about them from a lot of you guys.

$200 hold for shipping???? WTF is that all about?
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Yep $200.00 dollar hold because the don't know what the shipping costs will be when they total your order.
                  I got their DM-55 for a good price during the pumper cleaner promotion with free shipping. Mytana could not match. Ran one for years love them for long runs. But I won't buy their cable. DCD that's who I will buy from. I use many different cable machines
                  what ever works best for that job or makes it easier.
                  Rod

Comment

It is nice to be able to own several different cable machines. Each one has it unique pro's to be used on different jobs, types of blockages. I do change out machines to break up the boredom I have with the machine that is on my truck though. Like I will run with a Ell Model C for a bit, then run a K-500 or 1500 depending on my mood, Then for real abuse of my body a Marco LT-90, then back to a Spartan.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

years ago i purchased a large amount of supplies.

i knew about shipping, but they nailed me for tax.

wtf, tax, your out of state and i'm out of state too.

never been taxed by out of state businesses. haven't bought since.

roto rooter and dura cable are the same parent co. i don't remember them hiding that from me.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Love that eel model c with drill adapter great for some tight spots.

I hate to run more than a 100 feet with it. Carry 200 + can be a pain in da azz at 200 feet still strong but breaking down the sections gets old at 100 feet. When I was 20 I worked harder now 36 I work smarter.
                        Rod

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          years ago i purchased a large amount of supplies.

i knew about shipping, but they nailed me for tax.

wtf, tax, your out of state and i'm out of state too.

never been taxed by out of state businesses. haven't bought since.

roto rooter and dura cable are the same parent co. i don't remember them hiding that from me.

rick.
                          Back when I worked for RR 5 years ago total of 13 wasted years.

They would sell us the cables and blades, chucks etc. Marked up.
                          So I stared ordering my own from DCD. I save like 40% off those crooks
                          Told me you take good care of your cables you never order any cables
                          said yep. I take care of them not like the other hacks. Ha Ha RR I saved money.
                          Rod

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                            Told me you take good care of your cables you never order any cables
                            said yep. I take care of them not like the other hacks. Ha Ha RR I saved money.
                            Yep. I typically only order cable and supplies once a year. Slow years, forget it. They're definitely not making any money with me as a customer. I said so right to their faces, "I'm your worst kind of customer"

Comment

RR isn't really much of a competitor here. Their prices are so out of sight most people will pass them up to find someone cheaper. I also didn't know they were in bed with DuraCable. Thanks for the heads up!

What's DCD?

Comment

Working...
                              X