X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stones in drain pipe

I have a 4" sewer that has a section 9 ft long with 3/4" gravel in it, 1/2 full. I have tried augering, doesn't work great, just moves the gravel around. I wanted to try the funnel head but thought I might get it stuck. I also have a jetter that I am going to try, it is 3.5gpm, 3500 psi. Is this enough gpm. I have had success before with smaller amounts of gravel, but this is a fair bit. I also cannot reverse jet, and no clean out at the street connection. Stones start at 40ft from cleanout inside house. Any thoughts? Thanks

Re: stones in drain pipe

Is it possible to use a Vector Truck?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have used a Ridgid shop vac with sump pump/washing machine hose to remove stone in a similar situation.

I used an electrician fish tape, and about a roll of duct tape, attached to the hose to guide it in.

It was a total PIA but once that fist "key" stone let go, it went pretty good.

Also used a camera to help see/guide what I was doing.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Why can't you pull the gravel back to the clean out in the house. How high is the clean out off the floor? Use a large garbage can under the clean if you can to collect the water while jetting back to you. If its in the floor try a shop vac as you are jetting or a vac truck. If your jet is to small use a larger jet.

Comment

I can pull the stones back into the house, the clean out is at floor level, I have not tried the jetter yet, am going back tomorrow, ran out of time tonight. In your opinions, will 3.5 gpm work or should I arrange for a larger vac truck or jetter.
          Thanks

Comment

3.5gpm at 40' out will take a real, real, real..................
            long time

a root ranger with it's all rearward jet will be a good choice. but still, 9' section, 40' away will take lots of time with 3.5gpm.

is it possible to dig at the 40' spot and jet it into the ditch?

that or hire a company with a big jetter and suck it back out your existing c/o.

you'll also need a camera to make sure you got it all.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I cannot dig it up, but I could hire a company with a larger jetter. I would like to try and flush it out because it is a little difficult to bring the stones back. Could an auger push it out, any luck with that?

Comment

How many bends between the obstruction and the CO?
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

There are four bends, one is a section on a 45 down, one is a 90 and 45.

Comment

3.5 gpm may do it, may not. I think you'll just pile it up at the bends trying to pull it back. You'll never pull it up anything even vaugely close to vertical, like if the line stair steps down. How far to the main from where it's at? I'd be trying to flush it out. run a ton of water while stirring it up with cable or jetter. How did it get in there? that much it's got to be a break in the line or kids playing with the cleanout. If it's a break it's got to be dug anyway.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X