Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I did it! I beat my record of service calls in a month

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    I heard You can't make a Plumber's living in Northern New England! What's Your secret Guys ?????

Most likely a lucky month.

But most of the calls this month were referrals.
    Not making a killing by no means paid the bills and had change left for a soda.
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

congratulations

Comment

But most of the calls this month were referrals.
        That's the best part! If you are getting that many referals you are doing something very right! Keep it up!
        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Way to go!

Hopefully the snow ball effect will continue. You received more work from referrals then those people will refer you as well and so on.

Comment

This thread makes me wonder how many service calls other companies on here are doing monthly.

I'll share.

Record high month (within past two years); Jan 08 / 77 calls,

Record low month (within past two years); Sept 08 / 43 calls,

726 service calls in 2008.

Speaking of which, I need to log off and go to one now.

Comment

Congrats on the great month
              Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                I know what your talking about. Some guys here talk about 4 and 5 jobs a day. I'd have to drive 300 miles to do that.

I don't know what my biggest month to date is, in relation to jobs done, I'm guessing a cold a$$ January or February ( roots are going strong then,plus frozen lines)
                This forum has some kind of strange voodoo effect.
                I honestly can't remember the last time I had 5 jobs in one day, so I took a guess at 300 mi to be able to do that. It turns out I was way off. It only took 137.9mi to do 5 jobs today. No work mon or tue and 5 in one day????I don't get it, but I like it!!!!

2 were scheduled and 3 just came in at the perfect times.

4 were a breeze, the types of jobs that we dream about.

Everything was as smooth as could be, and then I got to the 5th job

One c/o in rear of basement built right into, yep you guessed it, the first shelf of a work bench, with 3 90's right off the bat. Got 30' with a 2" C cutter and no further (suspect a hidden whole house trap as we were still in the basement) tried arrow head and couldn't even pass the 3rd 90.

Tried arrow head in 2" floor drain by assumed exit of lateral went 60' but distance to main only 50'.

Checked nearby SMH and found 4" tied in. Not very common here, but Looks right to be his. Distance from house 70'. Went 80' and nothing.

Talked to sewer dept. to set up babysitting time while I'm in their SMH to investigate that 4" tie in, and the guy says..."um...I hope hes not still tied into that abandon main we cut and capped with cement 300' away".

Tomorrow should be interesting.........
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  This forum has some kind of strange voodoo effect.
                  I honestly can't remember the last time I had 5 jobs in one day, so I took a guess at 300 mi to be able to do that. It turns out I was way off. It only took 137.9mi to do 5 jobs today. No work mon or tue and 5 in one day????I don't get it, but I like it!!!!

2 were scheduled and 3 just came in at the perfect times.

4 were a breeze, the types of jobs that we dream about.

Everything was as smooth as could be, and then I got to the 5th job

One c/o in rear of basement built right into, yep you guessed it, the first shelf of a work bench, with 3 90's right off the bat. Got 30' with a 2" C cutter and no further (suspect a hidden whole house trap as we were still in the basement) tried arrow head and couldn't even pass the 3rd 90.

Tried arrow head in 2" floor drain by assumed exit of lateral went 60' but distance to main only 50'.

Checked nearby SMH and found 4" tied in. Not very common here, but Looks right to be his. Distance from house 70'. Went 80' and nothing.

Talked to sewer dept. to set up babysitting time while I'm in their SMH to investigate that 4" tie in, and the guy says..."um...I hope hes not still tied into that abandon main we cut and capped with cement 300' away".

Tomorrow should be interesting.........
                  I experienced this "voodoo effect", and not in a good way, this week after Rick posted this thread on Sunday.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...363#post243363

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...63&postcount=9

Comment

Not sure yet.
                    4" in SMH that lines right up to his house turned out to just be a stub out.
                    Camered main and found a tie in that would also be right for his house.
                    Water is going down very slow (2 flush, 10min) trace died it while looking at the tie in and nothing.

HO is digging up the two most likely spots for the trap/cleanout in the basement (DIY cement job, probably 50yrs old, very brittle). If he can't find then he will demo part of a wall so we can get to a clean out he found on the stack. Then we can hopefully camera and locate.

HO is not in a hurry to have us do too much as funds are tight and it's still kind of flushing and they will all be at camp this week. He's going to get back to the house sometime this week and we'll go from there I guess.

I don't mind the multiple trips as it's right in town, not out of my way, and the guy is just trying to save a buck he doesn't have, not a cheapskate that wants it all on the cheap.

I warned him that at some point we will have to stop nickel and dime this and jump in full boar.
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                    X