X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid auto spin

Thanks for the replies guys. I do beleive the best choice is the k-39. For now I am going to have to settle for a less expensive tool. I will have to save up some dough before I can buy a k-39. TIMES ARE HARD HERE IN THE SOUTH.

Comment

I have bought 3 of the k39AF at Home Depot as returns and refurbished ones from $199 to $229 just keep an eye out if there is a HD near you. I think homeowners buy them either don't get the clog or do and return them. Just pull out the cable and check it if you do see one.
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My K 39AF has paid for itself many times now.With some caution, I have a year out of the cable.Some times it's the answer and some times it's a starting point and I have to jump up to the 3/8" cable.

Comment

Gene, if you're talking about the "Power Spin" being a POS, and not the "Auto Spin", or maybe both, then: I own a Power Spin and it broke the first time I dropped it from about one foot above floor level. I returned it to Home Depot as it has a "Lifetime Warranty" and was promptly told they do not warrant anything used to clean pluming lines, it has to go back to Ridgid. O. K. , so I find a number and call Ridgid about this, YES, it does carry a Lifetime warranty and will be replaced. BUT, they do not want to old tool as it was used to clean drain lines so they will send me a new one if I can provide a copy of my sales reciept. My charge account records will do. I am now on my third one, compliments of Ridgid. The little machine works for me in my Handyman business, although I may graduate to a better model soon. So, if yours is held together with duct tape, then I'd say it's time to look into having Ridgid replace it. Thanks, David

Comment

Originally posted by youngsplumbing View Post
            Just curious what issues you are speaking of with the k-40. I use one and like it. I've noticed in other threads that the k-40 is the red headed stepchild but never really knew why.

I admit I've never used a k-39 but have used other "handgun" machines from General and Milwuakee and I prefer the k-40 over those.
            To clear secondry drains and not having disconnect trap the drain machine needs to spin the cable at a certain speed and the K-40 rotates at around 250RPM and is belt driven while the K-39 rotates at around 500RPM directly which does the job easly I bought a K-40 a couple of years ago and the description given in the ridgid catalog with the guide hose making a cleaner job sold me on it was just lies and a total waste of money and when I complained to Ridgid in Oz they just fobbed me off, in Australia we pay a premium for ridgid equipment and I payed around $1150.00 for it ex tax.

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X