X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid auto spin

Anybody got any reccomendations on this little machine? Is it worth buying for shower, tub, and lav drains?

Re: Ridgid auto spin

Originally posted by plumbertim1975 View Post
    Anybody got any reccomendations on this little machine? Is it worth buying for shower, tub, and lav drains?
    It's considered disposable by professionals. I think if you "pushed it" on a single drain you'd have something break or get a kinked cable. At least with the cable provided.

My opinion.

J.C.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that I DO NOT own the Auto Spin so I have NO actual experience operating one.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 07-29-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

I will suggest that you get a k-39. mine is on it's way. I have never used one but I have heard good things about them

Comment

I had the hand auger that you can also use with a drill. It got broken and I wanted something to take its place that is a little more durable and with a power cord. I don't need it often because I don't make my living cleaning drains. Drain cleaning is a service that I offer.

Comment

I have not used an auto spin, but I have used other drain guns and by far the winner is the K39 AF that I just purchased. Well worth the money.

The trick is having the right tool for the job, which in turn means more time for more jobs.

Comment

try something like this

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/KSpin-Po...s/EN/index.htm

I have one. It is pretty handy. cost around 30 bucks

Comment

My name is Gene B. and yes, I own an Auto Spin.
              It is a total POS,I don't use it often, but it has saved me several times.
              It's currently being held together with about 3/4 roll of duct tape.

Candy friggin' HATES the auto spin. Every time I say "this is a job for the AUTO SPIN 5000" echo...echo...echo. She gets pissed "why don't you just throw that F%$king thing in the trash where it belongs".
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Don`t buy a toy get a K-39 as it will last many many years cleaning all those secondary drains and put the dollars in your pocket

Tony

Comment

the auto spin is a no frills less expensive version of the k-40.

the k-40 is not a machine i use anymore. sure they made improvements over the years on the k-40, but it still has issues that can't be overcome.

get the k-39 and you'll be in business.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I'm gunna buy one

Comment

The auto spin is great. Just be prepaired to replace the $24.00 cable often I usually cut it off shorter and shorter until it is to short. I've had great success with mine for going through traps and a few feat down the line to pull hair back.

Comment

Go for the k39 af.
                        Ive had mine for a while now and its great.
                        Be very careful though with the trigger. Its variable speed but if you squeeze too much its got some torque and can catch you out.
                        Perfect machine for fixture traps

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          the auto spin is a no frills less expensive version of the k-40.

the k-40 is not a machine i use anymore. sure they made improvements over the years on the k-40, but it still has issues that can't be overcome.

get the k-39 and you'll be in business.

rick.
                          Just curious what issues you are speaking of with the k-40. I use one and like it. I've noticed in other threads that the k-40 is the red headed stepchild but never really knew why.

I admit I've never used a k-39 but have used other "handgun" machines from General and Milwuakee and I prefer the k-40 over those.

Comment

Originally posted by handybull View Post
                            try something like this

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/KSpin-Po...s/EN/index.htm

I have one. It is pretty handy. cost around 30 bucks
                            this is what I had, it now broken.

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                              Go for the k39 af.
                              Ive had mine for a while now and its great.
                              Be very careful though with the trigger. Its variable speed but if you squeeze too much its got some torque and can catch you out.
                              Perfect machine for fixture traps
                              I have used a tool similar to the k-39 but it has been 10 yrs or so. As you mentioned if you try to go to fast fedding the cable it may kink and get you in the process. Thats why I considered the auto spin because it has a hose to keep the job clean and safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X