X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jetter

you won't need 7gpm to do decent work in 4". 5.5 is fine, and at 5.5 you won't need the tank. More is often better, but you have to pay for it and then you have to lug it around. 5.5 fits nicely in the left rear corner of my van and I still have room for everything else.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Yes, I usually go with bigger is better,,,,, Tim Allen syndrome, and I have found a few less expensive units with those specs, I think I will bow down and give thanks to the Jetting Gods (Thank You) and take the advice..... This will save me a few thousand and keep me mobile and most importantly still have equipment that will do a good job for our customers.

Comment

We have been in business for 20+ years so the client base is there, just not so much for the jetting end, we have about 10-15 calls a year that need jetting, we could push the jetting to help pay for the equipment fairly quickly in the apartments/condo sector which we have. We just dont have the commercial end to need a tow behind.

Comment

what are the dangers of using a gas jetter for inside drains? of course you would want to dial down the pressure.
          what about over heating the jetter?
          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I hope your not thinking of taking a gas engined jetter into a house?
            Sorry if I misunderstood jerad

Comment

no! running a line inside silly. the GAS jetter outside!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                what are the dangers of using a gas jetter for inside drains? of course you would want to dial down the pressure.
                what about over heating the jetter?
                flooding if you don't have a remote shut off, overheating the pump if you do and run it over the unloader too long, and the pain of slinging hose though the house and being clean about it.

if it is an internal line for a fixture, a 2", then a small electric is an easier option for me.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Sorry Jerad

"the only dumb question is the one that is not asked"

Comment

thats OK!

Comment

Anyone uses heaters on their jetters? I bought a unit from a place called watercannon. Its a 13HP Honda engine, 3500 psi @ 4GPM. It has a diesel fired burner. Works great for grease lines. I have used this unit to clean up to 8" lines and it works great. Maybe kinda pricey though.

Comment

what do you think of this?
                        Last edited by Jerad; 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Nowdays I want the most pressure I can get if the trade off is 1/2 GPM to 1 GPM so I would pick the first unit or find 13hp or 16hp thats 4000 psi and 4 or 5 gallon per minute. Dont get me wrong GPM is very important and gets the great clean job done faster but psi is also important to make the tip go around bends and long runs and eat obstructions. Dont worry about 1 GPM differance when you can get 1000 more psi. Jetters start changing when you get up to 8-12 GPM with that flow you need a water reserve tank.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

currently i'm in an astro so space is a big consideration. i also want more bang for my buck and when the future dictates sooner then latter i will get a bigger jetter and a sprinter or awd express. as i want to do the job right and not have to call another cleaner with a bigger machine. 200 ft runs are common some are 250 ft.

with the spec's in my last post either one will take up about the same space in the van. i just don't want to make a cosltly mastake because i want to save $500. or more depending on what i deside to get. but if they will do the same thing with the same tools rootranger etc and will go 250ft. and either 1/4 or 3/8 hose what will go the 250 ft distance?

another consideration that i was thinking about. about 1/3 of the people are on wells. does that make a differance? in 4gal vs 5 gal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                              currently i'm in an astro so space is a big consideration. i also want more bang for my buck and when the future dictates sooner then latter i will get a bigger jetter and a sprinter or awd express. as i want to do the job right and not have to call another cleaner with a bigger machine. 200 ft runs are common some are 250 ft.

with the spec's in my last post either one will take up about the same space in the van. i just don't want to make a cosltly mastake because i want to save $500. or more depending on what i deside to get. but if they will do the same thing with the same tools rootranger etc and will go 250ft. and either 1/4 or 3/8 hose what will go the 250 ft distance?

another consideration that i was thinking about. about 1/3 of the people are on wells. does that make a differance? in 4gal vs 5 gal?
                              Considering a recent thread.I would say yes it does.Is it possible some wells couldn't keep up

Comment

i would go with the 14hp. 3500# 5gpm unit. if it actually puts out that much real water and pressure? my figures show it requires 15.9 h.p to run. at those #'s.

you could always run a small surge tank to keep the water level good.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X