Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: jetter

Rick,

i was thinking this myself. but that is what they calm the pump is rated at. so if it has a larger pump, but to small of a motor what happens?
    Last edited by Jerad; 08-24-2009, 07:30 AM.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

ok so i called the place that is selling this and found out that the pump is a RKV4.5G40 went to AR website and you guessed it by the pump # 4.5 gal at 4000 psi. talk about false advertising. the guy stood behind the clam of 5 gal even though the pump is rated at 4.5 gal!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
        Rick,

i was thinking this myself. but that is what they calm the pump is rated at. so if it has a larger pump, but to small of a motor what happens?
        the pump is just a pump. it moves a certain volume of water at its rated rpm's. it is also rated at a max. psi rating. running at full speed will produce full volume. turning up the unloader pressure will put the biggest load on the engine. the higher the pressure, the bigger the load and the rpm's will drop under load. as the rpm's drop so will the volume. if you under power the pump with too small an engine, it will stall.

a simple scenario is to just have a jumper hose with no nozzle and let it flow with and without the engine running. then install a nozzle and see what the flow numbers look like while observing the outlet pressure. a tach on the engine will also show you the rpm's. rpm's will dictate your flow as the pump is a positive displacement design. so much volume per cylinder x 3 x rpm's is your gpm's.

4.5 gpm at 4000 requires 16.36 gas breaking horsepower.

3300 psi is closer to the max for 14hp. running full speed.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

i guess you can say that i'm looking for the perfect jetter for 4 inch lines with roots. that the hose will travel 250 ft. that also will fit in my van. i'm i asking to much?

Comment

in a mini van, yes. unless all you want is a jetter and no chance of carrying a good selection of tools and supplies.

remember that unless you have a very, very commercial set up in the van, you'll have to keep the doors open for heat and fumes build up.

unless you can keep the van close to the job, you'll need a long fill hose and a longer jetter jumper hose. fill hose is not bad if you have a tank, but a longer jetter hose will drop pressure and volume.

a portable cart mounted jetter is a better way to go for a small van as it can be easily removed when it's needed or not needed.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

yes i want to go with a cart unit. just the right one for the job i described in my last post.

so if this one is $300 more then the 4 gal 3000 is the extra 1/2 gal worth it then?

i would like to find a reasonably sized 5.5 4000 that is on a small cart but i'm not having any luck.
              Last edited by Jerad; 08-24-2009, 04:41 PM.

Comment

We sell a 13hp key start Honda with a 4gpm at 4000psi for about $4950 with a reel and 60m 1/4" hose with no water tank. This is great for a tight budget and it will clear most blockages.

Our best seller is the Racejet 4300. It will fit in a van with the wheels off, it has a 5gal ss water tank to recycle the water when unloading, reel with 60m 1/4" hose, will work with a remote mini reel with a further 60m 3/16" hose, gal frame, 4300psi/5.5gal pump and a 20hp Honda motor with built in fuel tank (something Honda are not continuing). Pump has ability to do more than 4300psi but if left at this pressure it will last forever!

We leave the unit in the vehicle and can work over 120m away. Yes you will get presure drop (1gal/min - 500psi over 120m) but who wants to take their jetter off the truck on every job?

This unit gives you more flow and pressure than the 4000 unit and only costs $7999.

We have sold over 1200 of these unit in Australia. There is also a 5000psi version 5.5gal $8999.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by bill2601; 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM.
                Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

is a 18 hp gx610 honda big enough for a 5.5 gal 3500 psi pump?

Comment

is a 18 hp gx610 honda big enough for a 5.5 gal 3500 psi pump?
                    right on the button

i have the same

good combination and lots of water.

what brand, post a link

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

???
                      Last edited by Jerad; 10-20-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

remember those specs are for a pressure washer.

there are no hoses, nozzles, foot pedal, pulse valve. plus it's a direct drive unit. a gear box or better yet a belt drive is far better for longevity.

not a bad start, but you still need a good $500 to be up and running as a jetter.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

so i fugure by the time i add hoses, real, rootranger, foot pedel, and other nozzels i'd have about $3,500 into it maybe a little more. that's not too bad.

so how far can this as a jetter go with 3/8 hose? 250 or 300 ft?

how about 1/4 hose? the same distance or further?

Comment

so i fugure by the time i add hoses, real, rootranger, foot pedel, and other nozzels i'd have about $3,500 into it maybe a little more. that's not too bad.

so how far can this as a jetter go with 3/8 hose? 250 or 300 ft?

how about 1/4 hose? the same distance or further?
                            distance is determined by nozzle choice/ jet angle and weight, hose stickiness, friction, turns, water volume, pressure, pipe material, pulsation. drag.

i don't think you'll get 250-300' with those specs. straight , downhill run maybe close. in reality, no.

the rootranger has tremendous pull, but it also weighs more than any nozzle in its class.

of course 3 rear low angle jets will pull the best for a normal nozzle. forget the front jet.it will stall you. hose choice is very critical too. the lighter the hose and the slicker, the farther you will pull.

i've gone 400' with 1/2'' id hose, but that's with a trailer jetter. i doubt your specs will allow it.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

fill hose for jetter 3/4 or 5/8? from the house. heavy duty black rubber? of just the green stuff?

Comment

fill hose for jetter 3/4 or 5/8? from the house. heavy duty black rubber? of just the green stuff?
                                black or red heavy duty kink free hose. 3/4'' willl fill faster.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X