Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new root rangers

Originally posted by haycad View Post
    i like the extension cord laying in the puddle of water safety first
    Shhhh! I will never collect my inheritance with your help!
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Shhhh! I will never collect my inheritance with your help!
      I thought his policy had a "Darwin Exemption" in it?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by bill2601 View Post
        Ridgid US supply the 1/4" Root Ranger kitted to suit most jetters from 3000 to 5000psi with a flow rate from 15 to 25 lpm (3.5-6.5gpm). If you have a late model Ridgid Jetter (I think it's called an RJ-3000) you will probably have one already. They are also threaded to suit your hose fittings.

We can supply the 1/2" Root Ranger and the Double Barrel Root Ranger.....if you can handle the power!
        Aussie plumbers have used these for years you guys take a while to catch on!
        So who do I contact to get my hands on the ½" root ranger for my trailer jetter? Is there a website or a phone #?

I have the 3/8" root ranger, for my cart jetter, it works really well. Just I am getting to old to load and unload the cart jetter, which is why I want to get my hands on that ½" unit.
        Last edited by SewerRatz; 08-03-2009, 08:42 PM. Reason: Hit enter to fast and found the website in Bill's profile.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

besides the head, on that unit
          meaning the "U" shaped piece,

how is the nozzle different than a standard rotary nozzle on a power washer, with "0" degree spray?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...r+nozzle&hl=en

http://www.ultimatewasher.com/pressu...ry-nozzles.htm

I got one of the rotary nozzles for washing walls and such, they normally have a rubber sleeve on them, that is about a 3/16" thick so the body is smaller. and If I get to close to wood siding it will tear it up in a hurry. Just thinking some here, LOL.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I thought his policy had a "Darwin Exemption" in it?

Mark
            first off, the actual male and female connectors were off the ground and not immersed in water.

secondly, i have gfci outlets for my outdoor outlets

thirdly, i'm use to getting shocked haven't you seen all my toys

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Roger? This is Rick in drag...uh...err....disguise! http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...in-580595.html
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Rick,

I appreciate your thread because I believe jetting is one of those things we need to get more involved in.

Mark
                That's a good point Mark, I really never got into jetting at all, of course it has been a few years since was doing this stuff every day. It seemes up here no one was jetting other than the municipals but now it's common for companies to jet. I have learned a lot about it from every ones threads.

Comment

Rick,

I appreciate your thread because I believe jetting is one of those things we need to get more involved in.

Mark
                  I'm currently in a battle with management to do more jetting. Getting stiff resistance at every turn

This is what I've been hearing...

"We've been in business for 25 years without owning a jetter, no need for one now!"

I need a way to prove the validity of jetting over cabling

Whether they like it or not, I will drag this company into the 21st century!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    I'm currently in a battle with management to do more jetting. Getting stiff resistance at every turn

This is what I've been hearing...

"We've been in business for 25 years without owning a jetter, no need for one now!"

I need a way to prove the validity of jetting over cabling

Whether they like it or not, I will drag this company into the 21st century!!
                    Ahhh....but jetting is a superior method of clearing/cleaning. Maybe someone figured out they need to have job security & repeat business.

Leave a root or two for the next crew.

J.C.

Comment

i was back at the large project today and camered 7 more homes and the street 6'' mains.

there's one that has roots from the 90'-98' mark and i couldn't even get my mini under them without the spacer ball that's a 1'' camera in a 6'' clay line

the 6'' clay line is lucky to have a 1'' opening in the bottom of the line.

the scary part is this is serving 4 homes and 1 of them has a basement with a 18 year old backwater valve.

will be jetting on thursday if we can get access to the basement unit.

i'll try to post some before and after photos with my 1/2'' rootranger.

this is probably the worst flowing sewer i've seen. sure i get ones that are plugged. but this one is a 140' run and the 90-98' spot is unpassable. got no idea what is beyond the 98' mark

adam, ben what you doing thursday

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

2 days notice, I'm impressed. I'll see what I can do.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          will be jetting on thursday if we can get access to the basement unit.

rick.
                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          2 days notice, I'm impressed. I'll see what I can do.
                          Don't be impressed so fast. He doesn't know if he will have access yet! I bet by the time he knows you will no longer be impressed.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Root-Ranger-3000/

Here is a link to the 3000 psi Root Ranger

David

Comment

so here is a photo of my 1/2'' root ranger tearing into roots in a very stubborn 6'' clay line serving 4 house.

the trick was to run the rr in from the street man hole and pull it back up into the 6'' wye towards the stoppage.
                              this was done to avoid the potential of stopping up the main as i jet downstream and create a flood in the basement of a multi-million dollar home.

had adam for the day and we were able to fish a 1/2'' fiberglass push rod in from the 6'' end of line c/o. under the known roots from 89'-98'. wasn't sure what the rest of the system looked like as the line was so bad i couldn't even get my see snake mini under the root mass.

the wye was at 138' it turns out and the manhole was at 180'.

so with a little bit of luck and a whole lot of equipment, sweat and screaming, we got the 1/2'' root ranger in the manhole, back up the wye and blasted the roots to smithereens

i'll try to post some more shots and possible a video clip if mark can walk me through it

lets see if i can get it posted

rick.

1/2'' push rod to fish the sewer c/o to manhole 180'

1/2'' root ranger with stainless steel 1/16'' pull wire fished back from push rod.

my hose guide inside manhole to prevent scuffing of jetter hose. 1.25'' hdpe pipe.

roots that are washed out into manhole

takes lots of toys to get it done.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-08-2009, 01:40 AM.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

I really enjoyed working with you and Adam in Duarte the other day. You are both wise and talented beyond your years.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X