My new root rangers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new root rangers

still trying to post a photo of the real video, but here is a shot of the a white rag that made its way into the 6'' clay line.

when it got close to the root ranger, it got sucked like a vacuum and blew back out the rear.

the video shows it nicely, but the still shows it clearly.

hopefully i'll get some video posted to share.

adam was monitoring the progress of the root ranger while i was manning the jetter and taking directions from adam via 2 way radio.

as i was jetting, adam was watching the progress of the nozzle and giving me guidance. 180' of clean pipe

rick.

Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Comment

thought i would refresh this post as it has been a while since i did my bench test.

i just got my double barrel 9 gpm and 18 gpm root rangers and will be taking them for a test drive soon. i'm sure at 4000 psi these things will chop down a tree

both are drilled for 3/8'' hose as the body is still designed for 4'' pipe and changes of direction.

hold tight for photos and video. they will be coming.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick WOW ...... I cant wait for pics ! !

Why did you get two double barrels ? One is for the trailer jetter but whats the other for ?

i have the double barrel but only for 5.5gpm @ 3500psi. It works good but the single barrel works better. You should be killing roots with those specs ! omg look out !

DID you talk to bill when ordering them?

Comment

both are for my trailer jetter. the 9 gpm will be used for 3/8'' hose and the 18 gpm will be used on the 1/2'' hose.

both double barrel root rangers are the same physical size. they just have different internal rotor jetting inserts.

bill had his guys size the rr based on my specs.

1/2'' hose is pretty stiff inside of 4'' pipe with multiple turns. so that's why i also like the 3/8'' hose.

with the 2 rotors, i should be able to get 50% or more of coverage without ever rotating the hose.

roots tend to come in from the top of pipe, while sand and debris settle at the bottom of pipe. the double will help to blast the top with little effort of rotating the hose.

i don't have any clear pipe to film from the outside, but i can easily film from the front looking backwards into the pipe and get some good photos.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            both are for my trailer jetter. the 9 gpm will be used for 3/8'' hose and the 18 gpm will be used on the 1/2'' hose.

both double barrel root rangers are the same physical size. they just have different internal rotor jetting inserts.

bill had his guys size the rr based on my specs.

1/2'' hose is pretty stiff inside of 4'' pipe with multiple turns. so that's why i also like the 3/8'' hose.

with the 2 rotors, i should be able to get 50% or more of coverage without ever rotating the hose.

roots tend to come in from the top of pipe, while sand and debris settle at the bottom of pipe. the double will help to blast the top with little effort of rotating the hose.

i don't have any clear pipe to film from the outside, but i can easily film from the front looking backwards into the pipe and get some good photos.

rick.
            I was going to call you but was so excited that I had something you didn't and of all things it's some pipe!! I'll send you a piece next time I go down to LA.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick im waiting with a great deal of excitement !

Comment

me too

i have my test stand all set up. 6'' pvc pipe with a 1'' wooden dowel centered in the middle running perpendicular. another one laying at the bottom of the pipe.

all i need is some time and a second person to help with the filming. not sure if i can safely film and operate my jetter at the same time. maybe this weekend

i've tapped the 3/8'' bsp threads to 3/8'' npt. although they are pretty close to start with. i'm sure by the time they get to america they will be npt already.

ben said he has some clear pvc for me, but that's still 60 miles away. so i'll just film from the open front pipe

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

rick, you could take 3/16" plexiglass, heat it with a heat gun and wrap it around a piece of pvc pipe. strap it and let it cool. slide the pipe out and 5 min epoxy the seam. then you something to demo with.

Comment

i'll see if i can do that. but i'm sure a video from the front zooming in will also show the raw power of the root ranger. the audio will be like a fighter jet with after burners. it should be a blast

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

it should be a blast

rick.
                      HAHA....

Comment

Name:  8193d6c500d51b56542fddb7d4c20d25.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  359.7 KBName:  13199baecc8ccfe31c75851d8ce859cc.jpg
Size:  441.1 KB had a chance to video the double barrel root ranger yesterday. DOUBLE BARREL ROOT RANGER - YouTube

this is the twin .045 turbines, the real power comes when it's paired up to a monster machine. in my case i was running my 4000 psi x 18 gpm jetter. the specs on the double nozzle should be around 9 gpm at 4000 psi total using 3/8'' hose x 75'. the pulling power is crazy. the coverage is much more than a single root ranger.

rick.

please see this link for future double barrel root ranger action shots and discussions. https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t41149/

i figured that the double barrel root ranger is in a class by itself and should be in a thread by itself.
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 06-06-2012, 09:46 PM. Reason: link to new thread
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Name:  8193d6c500d51b56542fddb7d4c20d25.jpg
Size:  359.7 KBName:  13199baecc8ccfe31c75851d8ce859cc.jpg
Size:  441.1 KB had a chance to video the double barrel root ranger yesterday. DOUBLE BARREL ROOT RANGER - YouTube

this is the twin .045 turbines, the real power comes when it's paired up to a monster machine. in my case i was running my 4000 psi x 18 gpm jetter. the specs on the double nozzle should be around 9 gpm at 4000 psi total using 3/8'' hose x 75'. the pulling power is crazy. the coverage is much more than a single root ranger.

rick.
                          Rick, at the end of the video, I noticed a bad spot in your hose near the RR. Is it from the RR? What is up with the big difference in spray patern at the beggining?
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • conductor fault locating
                          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

the spray pattern could be an optical illusion just the same as the digital psi read out flickering. remember that these rotos spin at a very high speed and the camera is not fast enough at 30 frames per second to capture it. looking at both side by side there is a difference in the video. but in real time it looks the same.

the hose has been used for hours and hours with my root rangers. the sand and grit it stirs up will chew up any hose. i will make up a hydraulic hose 2' leader to use as a throw away hose.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick u scare me with out a camera man..! lol

So did you like using it.....

is that 9gpm total or from each nozzle?

i have the double but only 5.5gpm @ 3500 psi...it pulls...... but 18 gpm @ 4k......WOW..! sounds like your gunna build some hand strength...

did you also say you have an 070 ?

How did you get the quick disconnect outta there ? bill has them bad boys in tight !
                              Last edited by jhplumbing; 06-03-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

.045 should put out 4.5gpm each at 4000psi. so 9 would be the total.

these didn't have the quick disconnect, but did have bspt that i re-tapped to npt.

the dual .070 is approx 14 gpm total. they too are tapped 3/8''.

i have some clear pipe that ben dropped off, when i get a chance, i will film it in the 3'' clear pipe. thinking of filling it with apples, lemons, or roots and mud. stuff should fly.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X