Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sewer Pipe Go BOOM!!!

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
    I have seen other lines running through the sewer but never seen or heard of a gas line running through it. That's insane, I would furious. You hit that line one spark and their picking your parts up three counties over.

it's the person further away as the gas is not explosive below 4% gas to air or above 14% gas to air.

the ones in trouble are the ones inside the house without proper traps.

couple of weeks ago we were at costco and the forklift operator took out the high pressure gas before the meter and regulator with a cardboard recycling bail. fire dept. had no problem using the forklift to remove the 2000# bail and accessing the gas main while it was whistling gas full flow.

gas is safe in real high and real low concentrations. it's that 4-14% that will get you

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I don't know much about gas lines never dealt with them. Thanks for letting me know Rick. I can chalk this day up as productive, I learned something.

Comment

Rick is right on the money, its like the fuel/air mix in the combustion chamber of an engine. The right fuel mix with air will blow up just about anything. How do you think grain elevators explode? even sawdust can blow up in the right conditions. Same goes for vapor concentrations with gasoline. You can blow up a jerry can when its almost empty but I've seen my uncle extinguish a lit cigarette in a carburetor! Scary, and not safe, but it just goes to show that conditions for an explosion have to be perfect for it to take place

Comment

when i was in college. that's so for back i can hardly remember it. i worked in a full service gas station. we had a 5 gal bucket full of gas to wash parts in. we used to throw lit butts in the gas for $hits and grins. breid...........

Comment

Working...
          X