Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet clogged??

Water will not exit bowl....
    Went to a typical toilet clogged type call. Plungered, then augered to no avail. Vacuumed out the water and inspected w/ flashlight & mirror, but nothing noticable. Removed the toilet and inspected from bottom up, but still nothing. Augered from bottom. Turned toilet right side up and poured water into bowl, but STILL water will not exit the bowl. What's up with this thing? What the heck am I missing, besides a flexible scope, which I'm purchasing next month.

Re: Toilet clogged??

Siphon jet limed shut?

Comment

Originally posted by lmpg View Post
      Siphon jet limed shut?
      that was my thought.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Siphon jet

Why would the siphon jet cause the water NOT to exit the bowl? I've cleaned siphon jets many times when flushing was poor. I poored water (bucket) directly and forcefully into the bowl and there is just no action what so ever.

Comment

Did the toilet flush when you removed it? Don't waste your money on a bore scope. Look at the micro seesnake, made to go through toilets.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO USE A REALLY GOOD PLUNGER I HAVE CLEARED A GOOD MANY TOILET STOPPAGES THIS WAY ! !
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Did the toilet flush when removed..

No.

Comment

I had a wierd one like that once. Someone flushed an uneaten apple down the toilet. Made it passed the first turn and jammed up. My auger would go right through it but wouldn't flush anything.

Comment

Dad had a rental house with the same issue. Mason jar lid was in it. It would flip closed when water was applied but the cable would go past it.
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Toilet trap is loaded with grease. Maybe HO dumped a pot of some greasy dinner down the toilet. Kitty Litter?
                    Object or something spinning in toilet trap and auger just passes by it. You using a bulb head or drop head with hook?
                    Last edited by UnClogNH; 08-06-2009, 07:05 PM.
                    Rod
                    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                    http://unclognh.com
                    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I would pull the bowl run an auger through,tie a rag on the end and pull 'er back.
                      Also take a hose and run water with the bowl upside down.
                      Last edited by Jay Mpls; 08-06-2009, 08:28 PM.

Comment

I had one like this where they had flushed clumping cat litter in the toilet.
                        Go for the rag tied on the auger. Once you get it flushing keep flushing it while pulling the auger through until it can set for a while and then flush. The damn stuff keeps getting back together.
                        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Tie a rag on the end...

Good thought. Wish I would have thought of that...damn! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X