Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sprinter or express?

yes it is the lower one
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I bought a Ford Unicell Aeorcell SRW(used). Also known as a bubble van. It is a 1 ton van body with a fiberglass back. I can stand up inside, 6'5 at back, 6' at front with 6'6 wide and 11 feet long. I sprayed the plywood floor with Rhino Liner, and got shelving for it. I can carry every plumbing part I need and augers without comprimising the floor space. It is more economical than a sprinter, bigger, and can get it with a ford or chev van body. I still have to get a ramp for the K1500 and jetter. But it is easy to get in and out of. So far only complaint, it is a bit loud but there is a solid wood partition or sliding door. Must get floor sprayed it waterproofs the floor and cuts noise down.
      Last edited by Boone Plumbing; 08-08-2009, 05:59 PM. Reason: model of truck not mentioned

Comment

how's the fuel consumption out of that thing?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The fuel economy is good as far as I am concerned, I get about 650km per tank at 120litres. It is the 5.4 litre engine. I have a chev 6.0litre truck that is my gas station owners best friend and a Ford diesel which is no better than the bubble van. Given the cost of repairs for the diesel and the higher price of diesel now, I will only be buying gas engines.

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
            Lookie what I found Toyoto does make vans just not here.

Maybe it's too small can't tell.
            I can't wait until they do here!
            With the full size pickup line doing as well as it is...
            It's only a matter of time till they drive that wood stake into Detroit's heart.
            My GMC Savanna had the tranny rebuilt and the engine replaced before 200K I'll switch in a heatbeat cause they are killing me!
            411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

'98 savanah, 165k, just had to put and engine in it... and they do tend to eat fuel pumps.... at least the tank is easyish to drop.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i guess one of my main conserns would be inital cost at payments, of nealry 900 month. on the desiel ones. and nealy twice the cost of an express.

you gain twice the life but do you gain twice the space?

i did find a 2007 desiel with 75,000 miles for $20,000

Comment

Would get a Express with a DURAMAX if money was no option. My next van will be an Express. The one ton six liter with long wheel base. I cant see buying a new van. You lose a ton of money in the first year. I'd look for a lease return. DHL has a ton of vans for sale on ebay. I would stay away from the small V8s. My one ton weights almost 10,000 pounds with water for the jetter. A small V8 would be working when loaded. The Sprinter van reminds me of European Vacation. Look kids the Eiffel Tower.

Comment

The best van is the one thats paid for.

Comment

I had a cargo go van. i out grew the thing! It would not hold all my sewer equipment. So i purchased this baby and i LOVE it!! Holds every thing and then some! And it is all payed for in full!!

p.s. notice the k-60!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by jhplumbing; 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhplumbing View Post
                        I had a cargo go van. i out grew the thing! It would not hold all my sewer equipment. So i purchased this baby and i LOVE it!! Holds every thing and then some! And it is all payed for in full!!

p.s. notice the k-60!
                        like the box vans. Get more stuff in them . I'm out growing my express
                        P.O.S with 80k on it. What ever I get next "I want a lift gate".
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

i used to have a izuzu 14 foot with tuck under lift gate. it got 8-10 mpg. the engine bit the dust at 88,000 miles. it was 10,000 to replace it!!

Comment

97 Savanah 168,000 mi 1 new trans..
                            paid for i dont know how many times

Comment

ok i have been looking around what size do you think 170 158 or 144?

Comment

we had a dealer drop off a sprinter to the shop to drive but the boss said no way ,that because it is to high . when you taking ladders of your truck all day its to high.
                                they do make a nice lowering roof rack but it is a lot of $$$$$$

and i said with the ladders on topi cant go to the drive up windows
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X