X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sprinter or express?

If you're not towing some HEAVY trailer...just keep in mind 16mpg (Sprinter) versus about 10 mpg for the bigger trucks. It does add up fast. I get 16 with mine...and it is fully packed(8000 lbs). I hear that most guys get about 19, since I only have 8,000 miles on mine and diesels usually get their peak mpg after breaking in around 30k. It is also lower to the ground and the 3.0 diesel has tons of power throughout the power band. I keep my 24 ft extension ladder in the cargo bed...NOT on top. I can post pics of my custom set up if you want.

Comment

Just bought brand new 2009 gmc 2500 extended and love it

Comment

Sprinter: no fast food Drive-Thru's

looks like he was in a hurry to get his Happy Meal

Attachment
        Attached Files

Comment

does anyone have a 10 foot GMC box van? 4.8 LTR, 6 high, 6 wide and 10 long. what kind of gpm are you getting and how do you like it?
          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I have a similar van, it is a E350 bubble van(aerocell) it has an 11' body with a small over the cab storage area(can fit 12' of pipe inside), it is 6'3" inside and 6'wide. It has worked out great I really like it I use it for plumbing and drain cleaning. The engine is a 5.4 and I feel it is good on gas, not sure the exact amount but much easier than my 6 ltr. and slightly less than my diesel.

Comment

What about Ford? I have a 2007 E250 with ladder rack, tow package, electric sewer machine winch with cage and tow package. It has 28K miles and it's for sale for $12K. I may consider delivering it for a small fee.

Comment

personally. i'm not a Ford man. i'm a Chevy man.
                i'd consider a sprinter, but after spending some time on the phone this week, freightliner will not be working on them here. the dodge dealer toast. i called all the local desiel shops. no is working on them. so that leaves either me or a dealer 4 hours from here. UPS here is crushing there sprinters. they only have one left and one that they a getting parts off of to fix the working one. i asked last week why. and was told that the repairs are too expencive and down times are to great. their going back to there Chevys.
                the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Well in that case, I've got an 07 Express 2500 with about 30K. Also with ladder rack, sewer cage with winch, AC and decent tires. Asking 10K, call me at 501-240-1990 if you're interested. BTW, I'm not a car salesman, but I'm trying to sell off a fleet that we're not using at this time

Comment

where were you last xmas when we wrecked one in a hurry and had to pay $9k for a ragged out 01 ford because it's all we could find?

I've since bought a spare van when a good one was driving around here with a for sale sign just so we didn't get put in that spot again or I'd be all over yours.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X